Thread: Alliant Universal Powder for handgun loads

Alliant Universal Powder for handgun loads

Sportsman's Warehouse in Puyallup got a big shipment of this in today... singles, 4# and 8# ($119.00) for any of you looking for reloading supplies...

There were at least 50 people waiting in line when the door opened at 10:00AM....had both small and large pistol primers as well, but they were going fast.
    Last edited by jt59; 05-02-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    Sportsman's Warehouse in Puyallup got a big shipment of this in today... singles, 4# and 8# ($119.00) for any of you looking for reloading supplies...

There were at least 50 people waiting in line when the door opened at 10:00AM....had both small and large pistol primers as well, but they were going fast.
    Sounds like the Tulalip Cabela's. The "opening" crowd is at a full gallop on their way to the ammo/component section within seconds of the door opening. According to the staff it's pretty much the same people every day.

Supplies are starting to come back. I was able to buy .224 bullets (for .223 loading) the last two trips which is a marked improvement from a month ago.

Actually saw several containers of powder on the shelf in the early afternoon. Shocking!
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Sounds like the Tulalip Cabela's. The "opening" crowd is at a full gallop on their way to the ammo/component section within seconds of the door opening. According to the staff it's pretty much the same people every day.

Supplies are starting to come back. I was able to buy .224 bullets (for .223 loading) the last two trips which is a marked improvement from a month ago.

Actually saw several containers of powder on the shelf in the early afternoon. Shocking!

Well this is no good at all, how am I supposed to sell all the supplies I hoard at inflated prices?!?!?

It will be nice when all this settles down and components will be available again.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    According to the staff it's pretty much the same people every day.
    ......................//)
    ....................,/../
    .................../..../
    .............//'...'/`
    ........../'/.../..../......./\
    ........('(.......... ~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...

Alliant Universal Powder for handgun loads

Alliant sell Unique gun powder, Hodgdon sells Universal. I believe they are close on the burn chart, and both are good for wide range of handgun calibers. I use Universal which has been excellent powder. On the Hodgdon reloading site they have a burn rate chart for most of the available powders.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Alliant sell Unique gun powder, Hodgdon sells Universal. I believe they are close on the burn chart, and both are good for wide range of handgun calibers. I use Universal which has been excellent powder. On the Hodgdon reloading site they have a burn rate chart for most of the available powders.
    That is correct, my post title is incorrect... it should be Unique..
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    That is correct, my post title is incorrect... it should be Unique..
    I thought it was one way or the other, but again I believe the powders are very close on burn rate. Unique is number 31 on the burn chart Universal is number 32.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 05-02-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump