• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alliant Universal Powder for handgun loads

jt59

Sportsman's Warehouse in Puyallup got a big shipment of this in today... singles, 4# and 8# ($119.00) for any of you looking for reloading supplies...

There were at least 50 people waiting in line when the door opened at 10:00AM....had both small and large pistol primers as well, but they were going fast.

Last edited:

amlevin

Sportsman's Warehouse in Puyallup got a big shipment of this in today... singles, 4# and 8# ($119.00) for any of you looking for reloading supplies...

There were at least 50 people waiting in line when the door opened at 10:00AM....had both small and large pistol primers as well, but they were going fast.

Sounds like the Tulalip Cabela's. The "opening" crowd is at a full gallop on their way to the ammo/component section within seconds of the door opening. According to the staff it's pretty much the same people every day.

Supplies are starting to come back. I was able to buy .224 bullets (for .223 loading) the last two trips which is a marked improvement from a month ago.

Actually saw several containers of powder on the shelf in the early afternoon. Shocking!

Sparky508

Sounds like the Tulalip Cabela's. The "opening" crowd is at a full gallop on their way to the ammo/component section within seconds of the door opening. According to the staff it's pretty much the same people every day.

Supplies are starting to come back. I was able to buy .224 bullets (for .223 loading) the last two trips which is a marked improvement from a month ago.

Actually saw several containers of powder on the shelf in the early afternoon. Shocking!

Well this is no good at all, how am I supposed to sell all the supplies I hoard at inflated prices?!?!?:p

It will be nice when all this settles down and components will be available again. :)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
According to the staff it's pretty much the same people every day.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

WalkingWolf

Alliant sell Unique gun powder, Hodgdon sells Universal. I believe they are close on the burn chart, and both are good for wide range of handgun calibers. I use Universal which has been excellent powder. On the Hodgdon reloading site they have a burn rate chart for most of the available powders.

jt59

Alliant sell Unique gun powder, Hodgdon sells Universal. I believe they are close on the burn chart, and both are good for wide range of handgun calibers. I use Universal which has been excellent powder. On the Hodgdon reloading site they have a burn rate chart for most of the available powders.

That is correct, my post title is incorrect... it should be Unique..

WalkingWolf

That is correct, my post title is incorrect... it should be Unique..

I thought it was one way or the other, but again I believe the powders are very close on burn rate. Unique is number 31 on the burn chart Universal is number 32.

Last edited: