• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky Carry, pulled over in Indiana

RebeccaC

I was on my way to work in Indiana, but I have a Kentucky CCW license. On my way to work I usually have my "carry" gun stuck in the center console; it's a little Ruger LCP. I always have a 9mm Ruger P95 in the glove box. And a big assisted open blade knife under the dash and in my purse.

In any event I was tooling along to work and saw an Indiana State Police car swing around near me and hit it's lights. I slowed down to get out of his way so he could get past me (never even occurred to me it ME he was after). I just stayed slow to let him by like a ninny until he fin ally whooped it at me and I was like, "Oh! Me! What did I do?????" So I pulled over grabbed my license/CCDW folder and waited. And waited. Cop finally came up on the passenger side and knocked, scaring me to death. I said so too, "You SCARED me!!!" He was a very nice trooper; I informed him I had a concealed carry permit and that there were several weapons in the vehicle. He asked me for my license and registration and I said, "Well, the registration is in my glovebox with a 9mm handgun sitting on top of it." He said OK, nevrmind, and asked me for the year model of the vehicle. He went back to the car and wrote me out a warning for speeding, came back and gave it to me, and thanked me for telling him about the guns in the car, and that he was already pretty sure when he pulled me over that I would have a weapon in the car. "Molon Labe" bumbersticker.....anyway, he was very nice, he seemed big on the second amendment and we chatted for just a minute about that and then he was on his way in his awesome Charger. First time I've been pulled over in 15 years.

LEX_XDM40compact

awesome new and great story. Always great to hear good encounters! And off with a warning?! Geez! Was your day!

Im shock he said nvm when you mentioned a gun being next to it!

Thanks for posting this info.

-Mike

RebeccaC

awesome new and great story. Always great to hear good encounters! And off with a warning?! Geez! Was your day!

Im shock he said nvm when you mentioned a gun being next to it!

Thanks for posting this info.

-Mike

Yes, I was very surprised as well. He simply asked me what year my Hyundai Veloster was (2013) and left it at that. MAybe he didnt need it since he was just writing a warning?