Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Canyon County whining about too many cc applications.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,096

    Canyon County whining about too many cc applications.

    Saw on channel 6 and read in the Idaho Press Tribune about the Sheriff stating that too many applications for cc were interfering with their other work. They are going to limit apps to tues, wed, and thurs.

    Seems like their solution to too much work is to do less work.

    I posted on the facebook page and also the websites of both the tv and newspaper stating as much about the workload. Also that Legal, Responsible Open Carry is an alternative to the concealed permit. All of us should do this to get the word out.

    I also went to the Canyon County facebook page and stated the same.
    Last edited by carracer; 05-01-2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: added info.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Provo, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,076
    Or point out that the problem would be solved easily by passing constitutional carry.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by rpyne View Post
    Or point out that the problem would be solved easily by passing constitutional carry.
    That was part of my post to both the Tribune and the Canyon County website! As well as promoting Open Carry.

  4. #4
    Regular Member clarkebar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    136

    Constitutional Carry

    Contrary to popular belief, Idaho's firearms law IS constitutional. It is actually ennumerated in the state Constitution that concealed carry is the only type of carry which may be regulated by the state. Open Carry is legal literally EVERYWHERE in Idaho. Unlike states such as Arizona, where only concealed carry is allowed in bars, and bars may post signs prohibiting that as well, the State of Idaho may NOT regulate open carry AT ALL. The only way one would be ousted from a bar is to be asked to leave by the management, which does happen occasionally.

    Idaho is the only state I have visited where this is the case. Anyone can carry openly anywhere and the state may do nothing to stop it.

  5. #5
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkebar View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, Idaho's firearms law IS constitutional. It is actually ennumerated in the state Constitution that concealed carry is the only type of carry which may be regulated by the state. Open Carry is legal literally EVERYWHERE in Idaho. Unlike states such as Arizona, where only concealed carry is allowed in bars, and bars may post signs prohibiting that as well, the State of Idaho may NOT regulate open carry AT ALL. The only way one would be ousted from a bar is to be asked to leave by the management, which does happen occasionally.

    Idaho is the only state I have visited where this is the case. Anyone can carry openly anywhere and the state may do nothing to stop it.
    With exception for your standard federal areas such as Mountain Home AFB, Court Houses, Boise VA and such. You also can't OC at places like the anti-American Nampa Bowling Center as they will ask you to leave. You also can't carry if your a felon so there are some laws and regs to follow but it is one of the best states; you are right about that one.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    With exception for your standard federal areas such as Mountain Home AFB, Court Houses, Boise VA and such. You also can't OC at places like the anti-American Nampa Bowling Center as they will ask you to leave. You also can't carry if your a felon so there are some laws and regs to follow but it is one of the best states; you are right about that one.
    Some other places you cannot OC without being asked to leave:

    US Bank on Cherry
    RC Willey
    Shari's

    There used to be a list of friendly and non-friendly businesses on here.

    On the bright side, Fuddrucker's apparently changed their policy over the last couple of years since they allow OC with the Idaho Carry group these days.

  7. #7
    Regular Member oldbanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    beckofbeyond - Idaho
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by ecocks View Post
    Some other places you cannot OC without being asked to leave:

    US Bank on Cherry
    RC Willey
    Shari's
    I have OC at Shari's near Cabelas many many times.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by ecocks View Post
    Some other places you cannot OC without being asked to leave:
    US Bank on Cherry....RC Willey.....Shari's
    There used to be a list of friendly and non-friendly businesses on here.
    Here you go mate, add everyplace you go so the rest of us can NOT give our hard earned dollars to those who do not support the Document.
    http://friendorfoe.us/
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    I have OC at Shari's near Cabelas many many times.
    The one we had problems with was the one in Meridian.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •