Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Anti-Activist, Letter to Editor and All Around Idiot Promotes No Guns in Businesses

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    796

    Anti-Activist, Letter to Editor and All Around Idiot Promotes No Guns in Businesses

    I know that this is a slight bit of cross/duplicate....but I really really didn't want this to get lost where it is buried in a post by me in another thread.

    The enemy...we have met him for sure. This guy submitted a LTE that was anti (you will find that post easily here so won't bother relinking it). But in the course of pulling up info on him and his previous anti involvements, I found this "gem" of a web site that purports to actively work to help businesses refuse patrons who are carrying:
    http://gunfreespaces.org/


    Man, keep finding great stuff! And on his site there is this 90 page document titled, "Guns & Business Don't Mix: A Guide to Keeping Your Business Gun-Free" http://gunfreespaces.org/images/stor...snbusiness.pdf

    Oh, what the heck: Here is the other thread with much more detail: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1932633
    Last edited by Glockster; 05-01-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    NRA Life Member

    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

  2. #2
    Regular Member wrearick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by drdan01 View Post

    Man, keep finding great stuff! And on his site there is this 90 page document titled, "Guns & Business Don't Mix: A Guide to Keeping Your Business Gun-Free" http://gunfreespaces.org/images/stor...snbusiness.pdf
    I looked at that "guide" and it almost reads like a tongue and cheek joke!

    It hasn't been updated since 1997 so it is more than a little out of date. Here is a quote from the opening summary:

    "Over the last several years, thirty-one states have
    enacted new CCW legislation, requiring state authorities to issue CCW licenses to virtually
    anyone who applies, regardless of whether the applicant can demonstrate a need to carry a gun.
    As a result, instead of a few hundred people being permitted to carry guns with them wherever
    they go, including into stores and workplaces, there are now -- or soon will be -- hundreds of
    thousands of individuals carrying guns in practically every CCW state."
    my edit - "This guide will help you to keep all of those previous paying customers OUT OF YOUR STORE!" This IS a good thing, now drink your kool-aid

    I was reading Section One ("As this manual demonstrates, hundreds of CCW licensees have committed crimes both before
    and after CCW licensure. See Section One.") and I couldn't read anymore when I got to the list of all those folks who are not denied a permit in "Shall-issue" states -

    "What is noteworthy about this list of barred CCW applicants, however, is the type of people who are not excluded by it.
    Potentially dangerous persons generally not prohibited from carrying concealed weapons
    Numerous categories of potentially dangerous persons are not barred under federal law from obtaining CCW licenses and carrying concealed weapons on business premises. Such persons include:
    Indicted felons;17
    Persons who have pled guilty or “no contest” to felonies, but who have been placed on probation and had their adjudication withheld;18
    Most persons convicted of violent misdemeanors;
    Criminals who have not been caught and convicted of their crimes;
    Stalkers who have not yet been restrained by a formal court order;
    Mentally unstable persons who have not been formally committed or held mentally defective by a court;
    Parolees;
    Alcohol abusers;
    CCW licensees while they are drinking;
    Persons free on bond or subject to arrest;
    Persons whom the sheriff determines have a history of violence;
    Adults who have committed violent crimes when they were juveniles that would bar them if they had been adults at the time;
    Tax and child support payment delinquents;
    Persons who lie on their CCW application or violate its provisions; and
    Felons who have had their firearms privileges restored."

    I couldn't make it any further without hurting myself.....someone else want to keep going! I can't count the number of "rights" they are suggesting people should be denied by their criteria.
    Last edited by wrearick; 05-01-2013 at 04:01 PM.

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    Neither laws nor signs with the heavy weight of (gasp) trespassing charges will detour a criminal from his selected task.

    Just another "feel good" and useless attempt to be safe via burying the head below the silica crystals.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Domain ID159274297-LROR
    Domain Name:GUNFREESPACES.ORG
    Created On:26-May-2010 16:21:57 UTC
    Last Updated On:28-May-2012 20:08:41 UTC
    Expiration Date:26-May-2013 16:21:57 UTC
    Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)
    Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
    Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
    Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
    Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
    Registrant ID:CR48849176
    Registrant Name:Michael Rau
    Registrant Street1:2216 Maple Street
    Registrant Street2:
    Registrant Street3:
    Registrant City:Virginia Beach
    Registrant State/Province:Virginia
    Registrant Postal Code:23451-1308
    Registrant Country:US
    Registrant Phone:+1.7577175775
    Registrant Phone Ext.:
    Registrant FAX:
    Registrant FAX Ext.:
    Registrant Email: asoundidea@gmail.com


    Hide you cannot says Yoda
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 05-01-2013 at 08:59 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Makes me laugh. The guy has the now infamous quote, made during the campaign to have the carry in restaurants bill vetoed:

    "We can fully expect that at some point in the future a disagreement that today would likely end up in a verbal confrontation, or a bar fight, will inevitably end with gunfire..." Virginia Beach police Chief Jake Jacocks Jr. speaking for The Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police

    The "blood in the streets (or bars I guess)" quote that has been soundly refuted by a drop in crime in alcohol serving restaurants since the law went into effect.

    What a maroon.

    The hilarious part is that the guy leaves the quote on his site!

    TFred

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,182
    Ha! The guy has a "WARNING Protected By Neighborhood Watch" sign attached to a telephone pole in his front yard.

    I wonder if he really does think that 'neighborhood watch' actually protects the individual?

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Makes me laugh. The guy has the now infamous quote, made during the campaign to have the carry in restaurants bill vetoed:

    "We can fully expect that at some point in the future a disagreement that today would likely end up in a verbal confrontation, or a bar fight, will inevitably end with gunfire..." Virginia Beach police Chief Jake Jacocks Jr. speaking for The Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police

    The "blood in the streets (or bars I guess)" quote that has been soundly refuted by a drop in crime in alcohol serving restaurants since the law went into effect.

    What a maroon.

    The hilarious part is that the guy leaves the quote on his site!

    TFred
    Funny you should chose that word. Bugs Bunny, who used it on adversaries, was 75 yrs old yesterday.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Ha! The guy has a "WARNING Protected By Neighborhood Watch" sign attached to a telephone pole in his front yard.

    I wonder if he really does think that 'neighborhood watch' actually protects the individual?
    where i come from, they are known as "targets" for practice shooting

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Funny you should chose that word. Bugs Bunny, who used it on adversaries, was 75 yrs old yesterday.
    Looney Tunes......that's all folks.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-02-2013 at 05:28 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Regular Member wrearick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Ha! The guy has a "WARNING Protected By Neighborhood Watch" sign attached to a telephone pole in his front yard.

    I wonder if he really does think that 'neighborhood watch' actually protects the individual?

    I will have to see if I can get my hands on a "Guns Save Lives" sticker and add my own decorations to the neighborhood........just kidding, if I was going to do that I would not post it for all to read.

  11. #11
    Regular Member wrearick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Domain ID159274297-LROR
    Domain Name:GUNFREESPACES.ORG
    Created On:26-May-2010 16:21:57 UTC
    Last Updated On:28-May-2012 20:08:41 UTC
    Expiration Date:26-May-2013 16:21:57 UTC
    Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)
    Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
    Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
    Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
    Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
    Registrant ID:CR48849176
    Registrant Name:Michael Rau
    Registrant Street1:2216 Maple Street
    Registrant Street2:
    Registrant Street3:
    Registrant City:Virginia Beach
    Registrant State/Province:Virginia
    Registrant Postal Code:23451-1308
    Registrant Country:US
    Registrant Phone:+1.7577175775
    Registrant Phone Ext.:
    Registrant FAX:
    Registrant FAX Ext.:
    Registrant Email: asoundidea@gmail.com


    Hide you cannot says Yoda
    http://neighbors.whitepages.com/sear...each,-va-23451
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MR neighbors small.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	10342

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nokesville, VA
    Posts
    99
    Hmmm... not too far from the continental shelf.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrock View Post
    Hmmm... not too far from the continental shelf.
    You would think he should be a pro-gun guy to protect against swamp monsters ... oh well....maybe HE is a swamp monster !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •