• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-Activist, Letter to Editor and All Around Idiot Promotes No Guns in Businesses

Glockster

I know that this is a slight bit of cross/duplicate....but I really really didn't want this to get lost where it is buried in a post by me in another thread.

The enemy...we have met him for sure. This guy submitted a LTE that was anti (you will find that post easily here so won't bother relinking it). But in the course of pulling up info on him and his previous anti involvements, I found this "gem" of a web site that purports to actively work to help businesses refuse patrons who are carrying:
http://gunfreespaces.org/

Man, keep finding great stuff! And on his site there is this 90 page document titled, "Guns & Business Don't Mix: A Guide to Keeping Your Business Gun-Free" http://gunfreespaces.org/images/stories/docs/gunsnbusiness.pdf

Oh, what the heck: Here is the other thread with much more detail: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?113679-This-Is-What-We-Are-Up-Against&p=1932633&viewfull=1#post1932633

Last edited:

wrearick

Man, keep finding great stuff! And on his site there is this 90 page document titled, "Guns & Business Don't Mix: A Guide to Keeping Your Business Gun-Free" http://gunfreespaces.org/images/stories/docs/gunsnbusiness.pdf

I looked at that "guide" and it almost reads like a tongue and cheek joke!

It hasn't been updated since 1997 so it is more than a little out of date. Here is a quote from the opening summary:

"Over the last several years, thirty-one states have
enacted new CCW legislation, requiring state authorities to issue CCW licenses to virtually
anyone who applies, regardless of whether the applicant can demonstrate a need to carry a gun.
As a result, instead of a few hundred people being permitted to carry guns with them wherever
they go, including into stores and workplaces, there are now -- or soon will be -- hundreds of
thousands of individuals carrying guns in practically every CCW state."
my edit - "This guide will help you to keep all of those previous paying customers OUT OF YOUR STORE!" This IS a good thing, now drink your kool-aid

I was reading Section One ("As this manual demonstrates, hundreds of CCW licensees have committed crimes both before
and after CCW licensure. See Section One.") and I couldn't read anymore when I got to the list of all those folks who are not denied a permit in "Shall-issue" states -

"What is noteworthy about this list of barred CCW applicants, however, is the type of people who are not excluded by it.
¨ Potentially dangerous persons generally not prohibited from carrying concealed weapons
Numerous categories of potentially dangerous persons are not barred under federal law from obtaining CCW licenses and carrying concealed weapons on business premises. Such persons include:
· Indicted felons;17
· Persons who have pled guilty or “no contest” to felonies, but who have been placed on probation and had their adjudication withheld;18
· Most persons convicted of violent misdemeanors;
· Criminals who have not been caught and convicted of their crimes;
· Stalkers who have not yet been restrained by a formal court order;
· Mentally unstable persons who have not been formally committed or held mentally defective by a court;
· Parolees;
· Alcohol abusers;
· CCW licensees while they are drinking;
· Persons free on bond or subject to arrest;
· Persons whom the sheriff determines have a history of violence;
· Adults who have committed violent crimes when they were juveniles that would bar them if they had been adults at the time;
· Tax and child support payment delinquents;
· Persons who lie on their CCW application or violate its provisions; and
· Felons who have had their firearms privileges restored."

I couldn't make it any further without hurting myself.....someone else want to keep going! I can't count the number of "rights" they are suggesting people should be denied by their criteria.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Neither laws nor signs with the heavy weight of (gasp) trespassing charges will detour a criminal from his selected task.

Just another "feel good" and useless attempt to be safe via burying the head below the silica crystals.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Domain ID:D159274297-LROR
Domain Name:GUNFREESPACES.ORG
Created On:26-May-2010 16:21:57 UTC
Last Updated On:28-May-2012 20:08:41 UTC
Expiration Date:26-May-2013 16:21:57 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR48849176
Registrant Name:Michael Rau
Registrant Street1:2216 Maple Street
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Virginia Beach
Registrant State/Province:Virginia
Registrant Postal Code:23451-1308
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.7577175775
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email: asoundidea@gmail.com

Hide you cannot says Yoda

Last edited:

TFred

Makes me laugh. The guy has the now infamous quote, made during the campaign to have the carry in restaurants bill vetoed:

"We can fully expect that at some point in the future a disagreement that today would likely end up in a verbal confrontation, or a bar fight, will inevitably end with gunfire..." Virginia Beach police Chief Jake Jacocks Jr. speaking for The Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police

The "blood in the streets (or bars I guess)" quote that has been soundly refuted by a drop in crime in alcohol serving restaurants since the law went into effect.

What a maroon. :)

The hilarious part is that the guy leaves the quote on his site!

TFred

Blk97F150

Ha! The guy has a "WARNING Protected By Neighborhood Watch" sign attached to a telephone pole in his front yard. :rolleyes:

I wonder if he really does think that 'neighborhood watch' actually protects the individual? :uhoh:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Makes me laugh. The guy has the now infamous quote, made during the campaign to have the carry in restaurants bill vetoed:

"We can fully expect that at some point in the future a disagreement that today would likely end up in a verbal confrontation, or a bar fight, will inevitably end with gunfire..." Virginia Beach police Chief Jake Jacocks Jr. speaking for The Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police

The "blood in the streets (or bars I guess)" quote that has been soundly refuted by a drop in crime in alcohol serving restaurants since the law went into effect.

What a maroon. :)

The hilarious part is that the guy leaves the quote on his site!

TFred

Funny you should chose that word. Bugs Bunny, who used it on adversaries, was 75 yrs old yesterday.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Ha! The guy has a "WARNING Protected By Neighborhood Watch" sign attached to a telephone pole in his front yard. :rolleyes:

I wonder if he really does think that 'neighborhood watch' actually protects the individual? :uhoh:

where i come from, they are known as "targets" for practice shooting

wrearick

I will have to see if I can get my hands on a "Guns Save Lives" sticker and add my own decorations to the neighborhood........just kidding, if I was going to do that I would not post it for all to read.

wrearick

Domain ID:D159274297-LROR
Domain Name:GUNFREESPACES.ORG
Created On:26-May-2010 16:21:57 UTC
Last Updated On:28-May-2012 20:08:41 UTC
Expiration Date:26-May-2013 16:21:57 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR48849176
Registrant Name:Michael Rau
Registrant Street1:2216 Maple Street
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Virginia Beach
Registrant State/Province:Virginia
Registrant Postal Code:23451-1308
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.7577175775
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email: asoundidea@gmail.com

Hide you cannot says Yoda

http://neighbors.whitepages.com/search/neighbor_search/2216-maple-street,-/virginia-beach,-va-23451
MR neighbors small.jpg