Thread: Recommended reading

on the move

Thumbs up Recommended reading

I came across this refreshing article in a blog by a liberal gun owner:

There were lots of positive comments by liberals and conservatives. (I commented as CarryOn92.)

Even though the media like to paint the gun control debate as a Democrat vs. Republican issue, it's not. Although the NRA's scoring system for legislators appears to be even-handed, the NRA senior leadership is blatantly pro-Republican. I think this works against them, since it's easy for the media to discount their positions as just being contrarian. Post-Sandy Hook, Wayne LaPierre came out swinging, which was (understandably) seen by many as heavy-handed and insensitive. Increased security and finding a mechanism to consider mental health in NICS are the only proposals that might actually reduce incidents like Sandy Hook/Aurora/Tucson/Columbine, but they were dismissed out-of-hand because the media don't like him. And because blaming guns and the NRA is easier, cheaper, and more politically expedient.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Virginia Beach, Va.
    Very good read. On the video clip of the girl with the pink rifle, sure wish she would keep her finger off the trigger