Thread: PBCS gets $1 million for violence prevention unit amid questions about liberties....

PBCS gets $1 million for violence prevention unit amid questions about liberties....

Bradshaw is readying a hotline and is planning public service announcements to encourage local citizens to report their neighbors, friends or family members if they fear they could harm themselves or others.

The goal won’t be to arrest troubled people but to get them help before there’s violence, Bradshaw said. As a side benefit, law enforcement will have needed information to keep a close eye on things.

“We want people to call us if the guy down the street says he hates the government, hates the mayor and he’s gonna shoot him,” Bradshaw said. “What does it hurt to have somebody knock on a door and ask, ‘Hey, is everything OK?’ ”

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/...tion-un/nXbs4/
    Further on in the article.

Bradshaw acknowledged the risk that anyone in a messy divorce or in a dispute with a neighbor could abuse the hotline. But, he said, he’s confident that his trained professionals will know how to sort out fact from fiction.

“We know how to sift through frivolous complaints,” he said.
    After the innocent citizen is arrested of course.

Not good folks.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

InfoWars: Floridians Encouraged to Report Neighbors Who “Hate Government”

Obviously the program will get used or the $ will be wasted/stolen. I'm for wasted/stolen. The sheriff spinned it by adding "shoot him" to the mix. If some boot licker calls the cops because somebody merely said "they hated the government", the victim will get a knock on the door by costumed enforcers.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    Maybe 80% of the calls will be about him ....

Just wait until the lawsuits begin.
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

I'm asking my reps if they'll award me $1 million to follow cops around to see if they violate anyone's civil liberties.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Now here's a program that can't go wrong.... This should end well. Everyone start calling in on your neighbors to report them. I'm glad I live in a neighborhood where I don't have to worry about this. However I feel for the people who will be harassed or wrongly accused of something just because a neighbor doesn't like there opinions.

Now can anyone say with a straight face we are not living in a police state.

So let me get this right: If I overhear a convo and hear that someone really doesn't like a policy that a certain politician sponsored, and said politician should just "go away", they would want me to drop a dime on that person for having an opinion?

If I'm off base here, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    Now here's a program that can't go wrong.... This should end well. Everyone start calling in on your neighbors to report them. I'm glad I live in a neighborhood where I don't have to worry about this. However I feel for the people who will be harassed or wrongly accused of something just because a neighbor doesn't like there opinions.

Now can anyone say with a straight face we are not living in a police state.
    Just wait until the anonymous tips come in: "so and so says he hates the government and he has ggggunnnsss!!". That's when the no nock raids come and people get killed and the media says an anti-government NRA member killed some cops.

"Ever decent man is ashamed of his government. " HL Mencken
    Last edited by 77zach; 05-03-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    So let me get this right: If I overhear a convo and hear that someone really doesn't like a policy that a certain politician sponsored, and said politician should just "go away", they would want me to drop a dime on that person for having an opinion?

If I'm off base here, please let me know.
    That's how it could and probably will be used. They'll deny this of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    That's how it could and probably will be used. They'll deny this of course.
    I do believe you're right.

It's as if they are tying to start a fight.

Has anyone told these clowns that America has 100 Million gun owners?

Do they understand they only have roughly 1 Million LEO's "State and Federal Combined"?

This path leads LEO's to a choice between career suicide for refusing unconstitutional orders OR actual suicide when they boot the wrong door.

Unfortunately I see policies like these leading to early retirements and alternate career choices for any honorable LEO with enough brains to question his orders... Leaving nothing but young jack booted "wanna be" tough guys and adrenalin junkies to carry them out.

Tack

Has anything come of this? Its been almost a year? Anyone raided or arrested?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post

Not yet but it's coming... The Gestapo is realizing that the War on Dugs "Read War on Citizens"
    Is rapidly loosing public support. As the geezers who pushed for prohibition find the grave they are being replaced by the younger generation who view violent home invasions by LEO's as a greater threat than drug users.

So... The Gestapo NEEDS a NEW BOOGY MAN!

Enter the War on Terror... It's the same War on Citizens under a new scare tactic and designed for the same purpose, too keep the sheep fearful enough to allow Americas self perpetuating LEO Agencies to continue with "business as usual".

Tack

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post

He never got the money. Governor Scott used a line-item veto to kill it!