Thread: Eric Holder: New state gun law unconstitutional, criminalizing federal gun control

Eric Holder: New state gun law unconstitutional, criminalizing federal gun control

“In purporting to override federal law and to criminalize the official acts of federal officers, [the law] directly conflicts with federal law and is therefore unconstitutional,” Mr. Holder wrote to Gov. Sam Brownback in a letter dated April 26. “Federal officers who are responsible for enforcing federal laws and regulations in order to maintain public safety cannot be forced to choose between the risk of a criminal prosecution by a state and the continued performance of their federal duties.” http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ov-sam-brownb/
    The Supremacy Clause only applies if Congress is acting in pursuit of its constitutionally authorized powers. Federal laws are valid and are supreme, so long as those laws were adopted in pursuance of—that is, consistent with—the Constitution. Nullification is the legal theory that states have the right to nullify, or invalidate, federal laws which they view as being unconstitutional; or federal laws that they view as having exceeded Congresses’ constitutionally authorized powers. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacy_Clause https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullif...onstitution%29)

First they tried to take nullification from the people, and now from the states.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The Supremacy Clause only applies if Congress is acting in pursuit of its constitutionally authorized powers. Federal laws are valid and are supreme, so long as those laws were adopted in pursuance of—that is, consistent with—the Constitution. Nullification is the legal theory that states have the right to nullify, or invalidate, federal laws which they view as being unconstitutional; or federal laws that they view as having exceeded Congresses’ constitutionally authorized powers. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacy_Clause https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullif...onstitution%29)

First they tried to take nullification from the people, and now from the states.
    The only law that is the supreme law of the land is the constitution, which enumerates the federal powers. Holder is ignorant, whether it is willful or by accident matters not to me.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Holder, besides being racist, doesn't know his ass from third base. He and Janet Reno are the two worse attorneys general in my lifetime.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I am supposed to be shocked ? This treasonous communist isn't going to acknowledge that the U.S. Constitution is actually FEDERAL LAW.

Holder is the "Legal Advisor" of Mr. " Smiley " EyeCandy ......so I'm supposed to be surprised that he doesn't consider the Constitution to be LAW ? They consider themselves ABOVE any laws. Holder would do well to keep his slithery tongue inside his jib. I long for the day when the bars are locked down on this greasy pig, and his " Charlie McCarthy" dummy O-Blah-Blah.

I suspect they both have made "bug-out" arrangements OUTSIDE of U.S. jurisdiction.
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 05-03-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Banned
    Holder should have gone to the committee hearings and offered his testimony; since he did not, I am assuming he was just fine with the law.

He's a flip-flopper !

Eric Holder: New state gun law unconstitutional, criminalizing federal gun cont

Kris Kobach is the Secretary of state in Kansas, he is as Constitution as you get am sure Brownback got his advice in this. I'm sure it will go to SCOTUS, but do we really have any hope in them anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shoot low boys, their ridin' shetland ponies"

This will be very interesting if it goes to the SCOTUS. Not sure the feds want to take it this far...depending on the decisions between now and then.

Holder likes to pontificate when the media will be his megaphone. Lets see what happens when it works it's way through the courts.....he prolly won't be around.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

SC House Approves Bill Criminalizing Enforcement Of ‘Obamacare’

Banned
    OMG Lovin it !!!!!

Doesn't he have a ROTC building to hold hostage like at Columbia?

I am curious to see how Holder reacts as more states add their own bills like this. Several states have draft bills that go farther than our "made in Kansas" SAPA

Quote Originally Posted by Super6O View Post
    I am curious to see how Holder reacts as more states add their own bills like this. Several states have draft bills that go farther than our "made in Kansas" SAPA
    His Kansas letter is a shot across the bows threatening actions like those that led to the War of Northern Aggression. "If you states don't like it then leave. Oh, you can't. Last time we killed nearly a million." Lincoln-16 killed the union to save the Union.

Kansas Responds to gun trafficker communist Holder

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-to-us-ag-gfy/

Kansas tells the evil Holder he is wrong. Now if only we could get one of these states to actually enforce this law, unlike TN, MT, etc.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.