Thread: 50+ % ???

sparta ky

50+ % ???

The law reads.

244.125 Prohibition against possession of loaded firearm in room where alcoholic beverages are being sold by the drink
    3) This section shall not apply to a bona fide restaurant open to the general public having dining facilities for not less than fifty (50) persons and which receives less than fifty percent (50%) of its annual food and beverage income from the dining facilities by the sale of alcohol.

But how are you to know the % i.e. Applebee's, Beef Obrady's, or other sports "bars"?
    Do you go by the FD poster that says no more than Blank no. of people?

Louisa, Kentucky
    It is easy enough to estimate the number of seats in a restaurant. 13 tables or more usually means it can hold over 50 people.

Businesses apply for a specific type of liquor license. It is harder to get a bar license than it is to get a restaurant license, so if there is any doubt what type a business holds then it is most likely a restaurant. You can ask a manager what type of license they hold if you want to be thorough.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Also if the place has a sign that says you must be at least 21 to enter,(some may say unless with an adult , it's probably not a bar) will give some indication. And if still in doubt just ask

, Kentucky, USA

Generally, most ALL places like Applebee's, Chili's, Cheddar's, TGIFriday's, & Rudy Tuesday's are not an issue as they are mostly restuarant and the bar is just a secondary income source. If a place is just bar, then I'd steer clear of it. But you can carry in alcohol stores as they DO NOT sell or allow open alcoholic beverages on permises.