• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

50+ % ???

ps1mhd

The law reads.

244.125 Prohibition against possession of loaded firearm in room where alcoholic beverages are being sold by the drink
3) This section shall not apply to a bona fide restaurant open to the general public having dining facilities for not less than fifty (50) persons and which receives less than fifty percent (50%) of its annual food and beverage income from the dining facilities by the sale of alcohol.

But how are you to know the % i.e. Applebee's, Beef Obrady's, or other sports "bars"?
Do you go by the FD poster that says no more than Blank no. of people?

Mike

09jisaac

It is easy enough to estimate the number of seats in a restaurant. 13 tables or more usually means it can hold over 50 people.

Businesses apply for a specific type of liquor license. It is harder to get a bar license than it is to get a restaurant license, so if there is any doubt what type a business holds then it is most likely a restaurant. You can ask a manager what type of license they hold if you want to be thorough.

Colcat

Also if the place has a sign that says you must be at least 21 to enter,(some may say unless with an adult , it's probably not a bar) will give some indication. And if still in doubt just ask:D

neuroblades

Generally.

Generally, most ALL places like Applebee's, Chili's, Cheddar's, TGIFriday's, & Rudy Tuesday's are not an issue as they are mostly restuarant and the bar is just a secondary income source. If a place is just bar, then I'd steer clear of it. But you can carry in alcohol stores as they DO NOT sell or allow open alcoholic beverages on permises.