Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We made mo/oc history today

We made mo/oc history today

HB 436 - Funderburk - Modifies provisions relating to firearms

5/2/2013 -- SA 1 to SCS S offered & adopted (Chappelle-Nadal)--(1204S04.01F)
    5/2/2013 -- SA 2 to SCS S offered & adopted (Lager)--(1204S04.01S)
    5/2/2013 -- SCS, as amended, S adopted
    5/2/2013 -- S Third Read and Passed
    26 YES AND 6 no

Stil has to pass the house, not a problem. This wil cost me (I made a promise of volunteer time) ! It will get done!

tHE AMENDMENTS are not very important!
    We wil have State wide OC with CCW! I could not get preemption and getting this was not easy. I'm already getting criticism. I have words for that, it would get me thrown off the forum.
    If you THINK you can do better, go for it. This is allwe were going to get this year for OC rights and we wroked our tails off to get it!

This was not easy, it was every day for the past 10 months and doing a lot of real work and More!

If the others in my group want to take "credit" you are welcoem to reply and do so. I've always called ita team, and there were four others who were significant contributors to thei effort.

Party!!!!!!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

How long before this becomes law? And thank you for all the hard work and effort!

AWESOME NEWS!!! Thank you msp for your, and others, work!!

Quote Originally Posted by jad316 View Post
    How long before this becomes law? And thank you for all the hard work and effort!
    Better question: will the governor sign it? If not can we override a veto?
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Re: We made mo/oc history today

The cite was way veto proof, 74 percent in the House and 80 percent in the Senate. The Senate amendments are no big deal, and I'll bet the House will just concur. So, if Nixon vetoes it will get overridden, and we'll have OC with CCW August 28th.

Edit: add date

Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    AWESOME NEWS!!! Thank you msp for your, and others, work!!

Better question: will the governor sign it? If not can we override a veto?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by kcgunfan; 05-02-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    The cite was way veto proof, 74 percent in the House and 80 percent in the Senate. The Senate amendments are no big deal, and I'll bet the House will just concur. So, if Nixon vetoes it will get overridden, and we'll have OC with CCW August 28th.
    Good deal.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

This seems like I'm in a dream! Please dont wake me up! GREAT JOB to all of those who worked so hard on this. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jad316 View Post
    This seems like I'm in a dream! Please dont wake me up! GREAT JOB to all of those who worked so hard on this. Thank you!
    Your welcome! I guess I might have put in the most time, but there are 4 others who deserve the thanks. (they can post here if they wish) Ideas, research, going to Jefferson City (or being there) to speak at hearings and giving "PRIVATE" opinions, all went into the mix. I'll emphysize "PRIVATE" for those who may want to do this stuff in the future. This was not easy, it takes time, $$$$, and understanding the system. All of which are not easy.

The deed is NOT done yet, but there is great anticipation. I hope the vote in the House wil be Monday or Tuesday, I don't know for sure. I'll probably be there every day (2 hour drive) til the deed is done. Too much invested not to be there...........
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Your welcome! I guess I might have put in the most time, but there are 4 others who deserve the thanks. (they can post here if they wish) Ideas, research, going to Jefferson City (or being there) to speak at hearings and giving "PRIVATE" opinions, all went into the mix. I'll emphysize "PRIVATE" for those who may want to do this stuff in the future. This was not easy, it takes time, $$$$, and understanding the system. All of which are not easy.

The deed is NOT done yet, but there is great anticipation. I hope the vote in the House wil be Monday or Tuesday, I don't know for sure. I'll probably be there every day (2 hour drive) til the deed is done. Too much invested not to be there...........
    Its been a long road and you are right it is Not done yet. It has been a pleasure working with mspgunner on getting this passed. I still remember my first time getting up in front of the house and arguing with representative Mike Colona (this is when we got the flash amendment as a consolation prize). I gave as good as I got.

I would also recommend for those of you to send an email of thanks to your Senators for getting this bill passed in the Senate. It would also be nice to support them in any of their future campaigns wether it be going door to door or contributions.

HB 436 - Funderburk - Modifies provisions relating to firearms

5/2/2013 -- SA 1 to SCS S offered & adopted (Chappelle-Nadal)--(1204S04.01F)
    5/2/2013 -- SA 2 to SCS S offered & adopted (Lager)--(1204S04.01S)
    5/2/2013 -- SCS, as amended, S adopted
    5/2/2013 -- S Third Read and Passed
    26 YES AND 6 no

Stil has to pass the house, not a problem. This wil cost me (I made a promise of volunteer time) ! It will get done!

tHE AMENDMENTS are not very important!
    We wil have State wide OC with CCW! I could not get preemption and getting this was not easy. I'm already getting criticism. I have words for that, it would get me thrown off the forum.
    If you THINK you can do better, go for it. This is allwe were going to get this year for OC rights and we wroked our tails off to get it!

This was not easy, it was every day for the past 10 months and doing a lot of real work and More!

If the others in my group want to take "credit" you are welcoem to reply and do so. I've always called ita team, and there were four others who were significant contributors to thei effort.

Party!!!!!!
    I have not been posting much....but I've been following this closely....and I also want to thank you for your leadership...and for your tireless efforts to help make this a reality. No...it's not perfect...but I for one think it's a huge step in the right direction. Line upon line, precept upon precept....here a little, there a little. Patience is a virtue! We will get there! Again....thank you so much for your hard work!!!!
    Last edited by randyj; 05-02-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks to all of the heavy hitters for taking the bull by the horns and getting it done. Thanks to all of the rest of us who might have sent an email, sent a letter, attended a rally, attended a hearing, talked to a Senator/Legislator and many other things that it takes to get something like this done.
    Thanks again to the heavy hitters that did so much above and beyond the "call of duty".

Quote Originally Posted by dkangel View Post
    I was reading through the brain dead Chappelle-Nadal's amendment. It essentially removes the nullification section if I am correct. That would have been nice to have but for me this was about the OC portion.
    It does not, it basically says that the GA want to promote safe storage and doesn't like the illegal transfer and use of firearms. It's merely chest puffery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Marc,
    Thanks to you and the other 4 members of the Fab Five that have been fighting so long and hard for this. You have all given so much time and effort to this cause that can never be repaid...

So again, thank you.

Hey mspgunner......thanks to you and the other four hard working people in getting this bill through.

As others have said and I support; contact your house reps and senators and thank them for their support. Plus, helping them in their next reelection would be helpful.

Thanks everyone!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

I was wrong about Nullification potentially being removed. I misread the damn amendment and got the line number wrong!!!! This is going to be "wait for it" LEGENDARY.

Where could I find the text to the amendment?

I had seen this:
    http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking...204H03.13H.pdf

When it was first in the house, but what passed the senate?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Where could I find the text to the amendment?

I had seen this:
    http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking...204H03.13H.pdf

When it was first in the house, but what passed the senate?
    Here is the amendments:
    http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking...204S04.01F.pdf

Is a great day, and proud to be a part of it.

And this also insures that all buy-back programs have to sell those firearms to an FFL instead of destroy them.
    Last edited by Festus_Hagen; 05-02-2013 at 11:55 PM.

msp, dkangel and festus (i can guess the other 2) are the bomb! it's guys like y'all who make things happen. thank you gentlemen for your tireless efforts.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all the hard work everyone of you did for us. We are blessed to have you..

Quote Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen View Post
    Here is the amendments:
    http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking...204S04.01F.pdf

Is a great day, and proud to be a part of it.

And this also insures that all buy-back programs have to sell those firearms to an FFL instead of destroy them.
    Excellent....

What I find funny is that Chappel-Nadal (or whatever her name is) actually put forther her own amendment which everyone voted for then she turned around and voted against the bill. Nothing logical about that.

What I find funny is that Chappel-Nadal (or whatever her name is) actually put forther her own amendment which everyone voted for then she turned around and voted against the bill. Nothing logical about that.
    There is nothing logical about her!!!!

Its been a long road and you are right it is Not done yet. It has been a pleasure working with mspgunner on getting this passed. I still remember my first time getting up in front of the house and arguing with representative Mike Colona (this is when we got the flash amendment as a consolation prize). I gave as good as I got.
    We do still need to be vigilant. Thank you and everyone else who's helped this along over the years!

Side note: I've no idea who you are, but I like you already just based on your avatar! Firefly is one of my favorite shows. Bonus if you know which episode my sig is from.

Red face

There is nothing logical about her!!!!
    Agreed. Nothing in her resume says that she is reliable either.

What about the other 2 sections of RSMo that punish honest gun owners with tactics designed to our steal guns?
    Last edited by Armed&ready; 05-03-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armed&ready View Post
    Agreed. Nothing in her resume says that she is reliable either.

What about the other 2 sections of RSMo that punish honest gun owners with tactics designed to our steal guns?
    Sometimes you take what you get in politics. We will be in a better place at the end of this year than the end of last year, and that's good. It's not the desired end state. Which other 2 statutes do you find troubling?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast