• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We made mo/oc history today

mspgunner

HB 436 - Funderburk - Modifies provisions relating to firearms

5/2/2013 -- SA 1 to SCS S offered & adopted (Chappelle-Nadal)--(1204S04.01F)
5/2/2013 -- SA 2 to SCS S offered & adopted (Lager)--(1204S04.01S)
5/2/2013 -- SCS, as amended, S adopted
5/2/2013 -- S Third Read and Passed
26 YES AND 6 no

Stil has to pass the house, not a problem. This wil cost me (I made a promise of volunteer time) ! It will get done!

tHE AMENDMENTS are not very important!
We wil have State wide OC with CCW! I could not get preemption and getting this was not easy. I'm already getting criticism. I have words for that, it would get me thrown off the forum.
If you THINK you can do better, go for it. This is allwe were going to get this year for OC rights and we wroked our tails off to get it!

This was not easy, it was every day for the past 10 months and doing a lot of real work and More!

If the others in my group want to take "credit" you are welcoem to reply and do so. I've always called ita team, and there were four others who were significant contributors to thei effort.

Party!!!!!!

Oramac

AWESOME NEWS!!! Thank you msp for your, and others, work!!

How long before this becomes law? And thank you for all the hard work and effort!

Better question: will the governor sign it? If not can we override a veto?

kcgunfan

The cite was way veto proof, 74 percent in the House and 80 percent in the Senate. The Senate amendments are no big deal, and I'll bet the House will just concur. So, if Nixon vetoes it will get overridden, and we'll have OC with CCW August 28th.

Edit: add date

AWESOME NEWS!!! Thank you msp for your, and others, work!!

Better question: will the governor sign it? If not can we override a veto?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Oramac

The cite was way veto proof, 74 percent in the House and 80 percent in the Senate. The Senate amendments are no big deal, and I'll bet the House will just concur. So, if Nixon vetoes it will get overridden, and we'll have OC with CCW August 28th.

Good deal.

mspgunner

This seems like I'm in a dream! Please dont wake me up! GREAT JOB to all of those who worked so hard on this. Thank you!

Your welcome! I guess I might have put in the most time, but there are 4 others who deserve the thanks. (they can post here if they wish) Ideas, research, going to Jefferson City (or being there) to speak at hearings and giving "PRIVATE" opinions, all went into the mix. I'll emphysize "PRIVATE" for those who may want to do this stuff in the future. This was not easy, it takes time, $$$$, and understanding the system. All of which are not easy.

The deed is NOT done yet, but there is great anticipation. I hope the vote in the House wil be Monday or Tuesday, I don't know for sure. I'll probably be there every day (2 hour drive) til the deed is done. Too much invested not to be there...........

dkangel

Your welcome! I guess I might have put in the most time, but there are 4 others who deserve the thanks. (they can post here if they wish) Ideas, research, going to Jefferson City (or being there) to speak at hearings and giving "PRIVATE" opinions, all went into the mix. I'll emphysize "PRIVATE" for those who may want to do this stuff in the future. This was not easy, it takes time, $$$$, and understanding the system. All of which are not easy.

The deed is NOT done yet, but there is great anticipation. I hope the vote in the House wil be Monday or Tuesday, I don't know for sure. I'll probably be there every day (2 hour drive) til the deed is done. Too much invested not to be there...........

Its been a long road and you are right it is Not done yet. It has been a pleasure working with mspgunner on getting this passed. I still remember my first time getting up in front of the house and arguing with representative Mike Colona (this is when we got the flash amendment as a consolation prize). I gave as good as I got.

dkangel

I would also recommend for those of you to send an email of thanks to your Senators for getting this bill passed in the Senate. It would also be nice to support them in any of their future campaigns wether it be going door to door or contributions.

randyj

HB 436 - Funderburk - Modifies provisions relating to firearms

5/2/2013 -- SA 1 to SCS S offered & adopted (Chappelle-Nadal)--(1204S04.01F)
5/2/2013 -- SA 2 to SCS S offered & adopted (Lager)--(1204S04.01S)
5/2/2013 -- SCS, as amended, S adopted
5/2/2013 -- S Third Read and Passed
26 YES AND 6 no

Stil has to pass the house, not a problem. This wil cost me (I made a promise of volunteer time) ! It will get done!

tHE AMENDMENTS are not very important!
We wil have State wide OC with CCW! I could not get preemption and getting this was not easy. I'm already getting criticism. I have words for that, it would get me thrown off the forum.
If you THINK you can do better, go for it. This is allwe were going to get this year for OC rights and we wroked our tails off to get it!

This was not easy, it was every day for the past 10 months and doing a lot of real work and More!

If the others in my group want to take "credit" you are welcoem to reply and do so. I've always called ita team, and there were four others who were significant contributors to thei effort.

Party!!!!!!

I have not been posting much....but I've been following this closely....and I also want to thank you for your leadership...and for your tireless efforts to help make this a reality. No...it's not perfect...but I for one think it's a huge step in the right direction. Line upon line, precept upon precept....here a little, there a little. Patience is a virtue! We will get there! Again....thank you so much for your hard work!!!!

Last edited:

logunowner

Thanks to all of the heavy hitters for taking the bull by the horns and getting it done. Thanks to all of the rest of us who might have sent an email, sent a letter, attended a rally, attended a hearing, talked to a Senator/Legislator and many other things that it takes to get something like this done.
Thanks again to the heavy hitters that did so much above and beyond the "call of duty". :)

kcgunfan

I was reading through the brain dead Chappelle-Nadal's amendment. It essentially removes the nullification section if I am correct. That would have been nice to have but for me this was about the OC portion.

It does not, it basically says that the GA want to promote safe storage and doesn't like the illegal transfer and use of firearms. It's merely chest puffery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JEStucker

Marc,
Thanks to you and the other 4 members of the Fab Five that have been fighting so long and hard for this. You have all given so much time and effort to this cause that can never be repaid...

So again, thank you.

Redbaron007

Hey mspgunner......thanks to you and the other four hard working people in getting this bill through.

As others have said and I support; contact your house reps and senators and thank them for their support. Plus, helping them in their next reelection would be helpful.

Thanks everyone!

dkangel

I was wrong about Nullification potentially being removed. I misread the damn amendment and got the line number wrong!!!! This is going to be "wait for it" LEGENDARY.

Festus_Hagen

Last edited: