Thread: 18 and older OC

18 and older OC

Some of us around work have been discussing the open carry law for 18 and older.
    Can someone clear this up for us, if you are 18 and older can you open carry as long as you apply by all the restricted places? I have read a lot on where and how to OC but I haven't read anything that clearly says if you have to be over 18 or over 21? Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Breckhunter View Post
    Some of us around work have been discussing the open carry law for 18 and older.
    Can someone clear this up for us, if you are 18 and older can you open carry as long as you apply by all the restricted places? I have read a lot on where and how to OC but I haven't read anything that clearly says if you have to be over 18 or over 21? Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks!
    Then you haven't read very far. I assure you that in the Kentucky sub-forum there area list of statutes that would clear this up for you. It may even be clearly labeled as such.

Here should answer you question nicely.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Then you haven't read very far. I assure you that in the Kentucky sub-forum there area list of statutes that would clear this up for you. It may even be clearly labeled as such.

Here should answer you question nicely.
    I read that whole post, and I was pretty sure but I guess because there wasn't anything stateing open carry was where I was confused , so buy it saying "A person is guilty of possession of a handgun by a minor when, being under the age of eighteen (18) years," means that anyone 18 and older can open carry

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Breckhunter View Post
    I read that whole post, and I was pretty sure but I guess because there wasn't anything stateing open carry was where I was confused , so buy it saying "A person is guilty of possession of a handgun by a minor when, being under the age of eighteen (18) years," means that anyone 18 and older can open carry

Thanks!
    Just remember, this is just Kentucky statute. Any other state laws can be very different than Kentucky's.

You're welcome.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.