• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

18 and older OC

Breckhunter

Some of us around work have been discussing the open carry law for 18 and older.
Can someone clear this up for us, if you are 18 and older can you open carry as long as you apply by all the restricted places? I have read a lot on where and how to OC but I haven't read anything that clearly says if you have to be over 18 or over 21? Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks!

09jisaac

Some of us around work have been discussing the open carry law for 18 and older.
Can someone clear this up for us, if you are 18 and older can you open carry as long as you apply by all the restricted places? I have read a lot on where and how to OC but I haven't read anything that clearly says if you have to be over 18 or over 21? Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks!

Then you haven't read very far. I assure you that in the Kentucky sub-forum there area list of statutes that would clear this up for you. It may even be clearly labeled as such.

Here should answer you question nicely.

Breckhunter

Then you haven't read very far. I assure you that in the Kentucky sub-forum there area list of statutes that would clear this up for you. It may even be clearly labeled as such.

Here should answer you question nicely.

I read that whole post, and I was pretty sure but I guess because there wasn't anything stateing open carry was where I was confused , so buy it saying "A person is guilty of possession of a handgun by a minor when, being under the age of eighteen (18) years," means that anyone 18 and older can open carry

Thanks!

09jisaac

I read that whole post, and I was pretty sure but I guess because there wasn't anything stateing open carry was where I was confused , so buy it saying "A person is guilty of possession of a handgun by a minor when, being under the age of eighteen (18) years," means that anyone 18 and older can open carry

Thanks!

Just remember, this is just Kentucky statute. Any other state laws can be very different than Kentucky's.

You're welcome.