• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How are the police in your area?

Markal1990

Hey guys I'm starting this thread to see how the police are around your areas. If there is another thread like this I apologize, I searched a little and didnt see another. Basically just post where you live in KY and how the police handle open carrying where you're from. Maybe post how long you've been carrying. Even of you havnt been stopped just say how long youve been open carrying and that you've never been stopped for it.

I'm from Ashland KY and so far I've never been stopped. Ive been carrying for approximately 4 months now. There has been a couple times I've been out walking and had a cop pass by me but never stopped. So far so good though.

Hopefully this thread can get alt of replys. Thanks guys.

bigdodge25

Pretty good here is shepherdsville.. a guy at my church is Shep. police office and he knows the laws and is perfectly fine with people OCing and the SPD said people will start OCing more and not to bother them.

langzaiguy

Georgetown

I haven't had any trouble trouble in Scott County--except for the former sheriff. I know of a situation in which a deputy did not like a friend of mine OCing in the courthouse. A quick call to the sheriff solve the problem quickly. My experience with Lexington LE is very limited. My only interaction with them was a non-interaction.

self preservation

They're doing ok. They said thanks for asking... Seriously, as drake said, it's pretty good in the Owingsville/Bath co. area. Sometimes you have to slap one around for violating KRS 65.870, but other than that things are pretty good here.

DrakeZ07

They're doing ok. They said thanks for asking... Seriously, as drake said, it's pretty good in the Owingsville/Bath co. area. Sometimes you have to slap one around for violating KRS 65.870, but other than that things are pretty good here.

You need to check your emails more often.