Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Excrement storm erupts in Illinois legislature regarding concealed carry

  1. #1
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    495

    Wink Excrement storm erupts in Illinois legislature regarding concealed carry

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4YNzSIk6d4

    Since an agreement looks unlikely in the near future, Illinois may very well default to constitutional carry, which would drive the Cook County Marxists insane with anger.
    Last edited by minarchist; 05-02-2013 at 11:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Ozark, Mo
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4YNzSIk6d4

    Since an agreement looks unlikely in the near future, Illinois may very well default to constitutional carry, which would drive the Cook Country Marxists insane with anger.
    That would be great news for a lot of Illinois friends for mine.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Blood will flow in the streets!

  4. #4
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    495
    If Illinois gets constitutional carry, that will be the richest poetic justice of the century. I will be in a state of pure, unadulterated, non-stop euphoria for days.

    People will be able to carry in the emperor's city.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Stupid democrat don't know that NY district appellate court decisions don't mean squat in the 7th district .. fact that SCOTUS did not take up the NY case uuuh, means nothing.

    But that's pretty typical -- when a person has no argument they call the other person "scary" ... its been done on the forum as well and the moderators and administrators seem to let it go here ...

    I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I can carry or not ... I carry when I want to ... did it in Illinois years ago and still do it today.

  6. #6
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Stupid democrat don't know that NY district appellate court decisions don't mean squat in the 7th district .. fact that SCOTUS did not take up the NY case uuuh, means nothing.

    But that's pretty typical -- when a person has no argument they call the other person "scary" ... its been done on the forum as well and the moderators and administrators seem to let it go here ...

    I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I can carry or not ... I carry when I want to ... did it in Illinois years ago and still do it today.
    How badly do you expect the Chicago Stasi to behave if constitutional carry passes?

  7. #7
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    How badly do you expect the Chicago Stasi to behave if constitutional carry passes?
    As badly as they have for the last 100+ years.

    My grandmother was there in 1919 when the Chicago PD took sides in the race riot and refused to intervene to protect any Black person. It was recently returned Black doughboys who raided the National Guard armories, armed themselves and protected their own neighborhoods until the governor called out the National Guard to restore order.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    How badly do you expect the Chicago Stasi to behave if constitutional carry passes?
    will depend on the tone of the person ...

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    I'm assuming Illinois doesn't have state preemption for firearms laws.

    So if the state reverts to "Constitutional carry" it would still allow localities to have their bans, right?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South end of the state, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I'm assuming Illinois doesn't have state preemption for firearms laws.

    So if the state reverts to "Constitutional carry" it would still allow localities to have their bans, right?
    Actually it wouldn't be " constitutional carry " . It would be " FOID carry " because you would have to have the FOID card to carry.

    As to the preemption part , you are right. Each home rule city could make their own regulations and some would be much worse than others. Also it would be almost impossible to know , let alone follow , each areas requirements.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Are you saying that the requirement for a FOID was not part of the law that was struck down?

  12. #12
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Are you saying that the requirement for a FOID was not part of the law that was struck down?
    That is correct.

    The ruling was strictly about carry.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    So that means no one from out of state would be able to carry in IL?...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  14. #14
    State Researcher lockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Elgin, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,202

    Excrement storm erupts in Illinois legislature regarding concealed carry

    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    So that means no one from out of state would be able to carry in IL?...
    No, any non-resident who can legally possess firearms in their home state would be allowed to carry. The Illinois Supreme Court has already addressed the issue. Since Illinois does not allow non-residents to apply for a FOID card, any penalties and restrictions for not having one do not apply to non-residents.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Excrement storm erupts in Illinois legislature regarding concealed carry

    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    That is correct.

    The ruling was strictly about carry.
    So, is a FOID required to own or to carry or both? Can an IL resident borrow a firearm from a non-IL resident and then carry it without a FOID?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Algonquin
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    So, is a FOID required to own or to carry or both? Can an IL resident borrow a firearm from a non-IL resident and then carry it without a FOID?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    An Illinois resident must have a FOID just to touch a firearm or ammunition when in the state of Illinois
    Last edited by lckstckn2smknbrls; 05-05-2013 at 07:31 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northwest Kent County, Michigan
    Posts
    757
    I for one would like to see Illinois go the Constitutional Carry route (albeit FOID-based).

    The lack of preemption will just mean years of follow-up judicial boxing with Chicago. Meanwhile, the utter lack of violent crime instances by FOID Card holders over the coming months and years will be a severe blow to the credibility of the anti-gunners in Illinois and elsewhere.

    Constitutional Carry in the majority of the State of Illinois will only strengthen the Pro-Second Amendment movement throughout the State and the rest of this great nation.
    Last edited by OC4me; 05-06-2013 at 01:11 AM.

  18. #18
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95
    Blood will flow in the streets!
    Yep. The blood of criminals who think they're still attacking unarmed sheep.
    If they behaved like civilized humans, they wouldn't be perforated.
    While I don't wish for anyone to be injured (well, OK, there are a couple people), I can't work up too much upset for a criminal receiving the natural consequences of his actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  19. #19
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I'm assuming Illinois doesn't have state preemption for firearms laws.

    So if the state reverts to "Constitutional carry" it would still allow localities to have their bans, right?
    Those bans would be in violation of the 7th district ruling. Though it make take a few years to make it back to the circuit court. To me at least the ruling is clear, I don't think they gave exceptions to home rule in the ruling.

    Remember we are not talking about a law here that could be circumvented by a home rule~~we are talking a federal court order.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 05-06-2013 at 12:16 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Here is some info for Illinois NON-residents on transporting firearms. This does NOT allow any "carry".
    http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm

    Non-residents must be legally eligible to possess or acquire firearms and ammunition in their state of residence. In order to comply with the Criminal Code, the Wildlife Code, and the Firearm Owner’s Identification Act, when transporting a firearm, it must be:

    • broken down in a non-functioning state; or

    • not immediately accessible; or

    • unloaded and enclosed in a case, firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container by a person who has been issued a currently valid Firearm Owner’s Identification Card.

    For a list of other commonly asked questions on transporting firearms in Illinois, please refer to the Transport Your Firearm Legally brochure available on our website.
    But these are rules that go down on June 9, right?

  21. #21
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    As badly as they have for the last 100+ years.

    My grandmother was there in 1919 when the Chicago PD took sides in the race riot and refused to intervene to protect any Black person. It was recently returned Black doughboys who raided the National Guard armories, armed themselves and protected their own neighborhoods until the governor called out the National Guard to restore order.

    Damn, wish I would have known this example a few weeks ago. I gave a speech at the libertarian convention on RTKB, listed a few examples where civilian populations used arms to protect themselves, this would have been a good one too.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    I for one would like to see Illinois go the Constitutional Carry route (albeit FOID-based).
    Why need a paper from the state?

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by jayspapa View Post
    As to the preemption part , you are right. Each home rule city could make their own regulations and some would be much worse than others. Also it would be almost impossible to know , let alone follow , each areas requirements.
    We had this problem in Washington State. This side of the street you were legal, that side you were not. The "patchwork quilt" of conflicting laws was ridiculous. State preemption set a standard set of laws across the State. No one can make laws stronger than the State. I think you have an uphill battle on this one. Your elected officials are afraid of weapons.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  24. #24
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    The 7th has ruled a complete ban on carry unconstitutional, home rule means diddly. Not only does the ruling affect Illinois and counties and cities within, it affects all states within the 7th's jurisdiction. You guys are thinking along the lines of a city passing their own laws that may be stiffer than state that ARE CONSTITUTIONAL. If the courts have ruled a practice or law is not constitutional, it does not matter who enacts it, it is void.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The 7th has ruled a complete ban on carry unconstitutional, home rule means diddly. Not only does the ruling affect Illinois and counties and cities within, it affects all states within the 7th's jurisdiction. You guys are thinking along the lines of a city passing their own laws that may be stiffer than state that ARE CONSTITUTIONAL. If the courts have ruled a practice or law is not constitutional, it does not matter who enacts it, it is void.
    I would have liked to be in Daley's living room after he heard about it ... he is such an ass....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •