Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: non res. concealed firearm permit

  1. #1
    Regular Member conandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    248

    non res. concealed firearm permit

    I have just found out that Washington will no longer honor my Florida ccw. And I am trying to find out if I can get a non resident carry license. I do open carry a lot while in Washington but I understand you need a license to have it loaded in your vehicle. I would appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction.

  2. #2
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329

    non res. concealed firearm permit

    You must apply in person and being a non resident you can go to any county Sheriff in the state. Some counties are much quicker at getting permits out than others. Let us know what area you visit and we'll try to get you to the closest friendly department.

    They have up to 60 days to issue to non residents but the better departments don't push it till the last minute.
    It's about $55 and you just need valid ID and get your fingerprints taken there.
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 05-02-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  3. #3
    Regular Member XD40sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    425
    Or spend your money in a state that does honor your FL permit, or a state where OC does not require a permit.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    Or spend your money in a state that does honor your FL permit, or a state where OC does not require a permit.
    You only need a permit (CPL) in Washington state to carry concealed or to carry a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle either open or concealed. For general open carry outside of a motor vehicle no permit is needed. You just need to watch out for school zones if you don't have a CPL.
    Last edited by badger54; 05-02-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    WTT: Glock 27 for Glock 26

  5. #5
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Wowwie!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    I have just found out that Washington will no longer honor my Florida ccw. And I am trying to find out if I can get a non resident carry license. I do open carry a lot while in Washington but I understand you need a license to have it loaded in your vehicle. I would appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction.
    This is news to me,, and I watch out for this stuff..
    Sooo, you lost Washington, and I lost Florida!
    I wonder whatthehell happened?

    Sooo bring 57 bucks and your fingers to any cop shop here and in an hour they will have your application,
    they will send it to you in 60 days or less.
    Washington is shall issue and they will issue to ANYBODY that is not prohibited!
    BTW, the Silverdale office of Kisap couty sheriff has been known
    to issue your permit, while you wait, for an Hour!!!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 05-03-2013 at 01:01 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    This is news to me,, and I watch out for this stuff..
    Sooo, you lost Washington, and I lost Florida!
    I wonder whatthehell happened?

    Sooo bring 57 bucks and your fingers to any cop shop here and in an hour they will have your application,
    they will send it to you in 60 days or less.
    Washington is shall issue and they will issue to ANYBODY that is not prohibited!
    BTW, the Silverdale office of Kisap couty sheriff has been known
    to issue your permit, while you wait, for an Hour!!!
    The WA Attorney General Bob Ferguson cancelled reciprocity with Florida due to Florida passing a bill that lowers the minimum age for a concealed carry permit for honorably discharged military veterans to 18 instead of 21.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/conc...by-ag-s-office

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kelso, Washington, USA
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by muggins View Post
    The WA Attorney General Bob Ferguson cancelled reciprocity with Florida due to Florida passing a bill that lowers the minimum age for a concealed carry permit for honorably discharged military veterans to 18 instead of 21.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/conc...by-ag-s-office
    Damn! I didn't know we had a Liberal in the AG office.

  8. #8
    Regular Member conandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    248
    Thank you everyone for the info. I will be be back in Wa. In a couple weeks. I will still oc while there I will just have to unload in my truck.

    Am I correct that as long as I remove the clip from my gun and put in in my pocket or console I'm good or do they consider that as long as its accessible the gun is loaded like a few states do.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran ak56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Carnation, Washington, USA
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    Thank you everyone for the info. I will be be back in Wa. In a couple weeks. I will still oc while there I will just have to unload in my truck.

    Am I correct that as long as I remove the clip from my gun and put in in my pocket or console I'm good or do they consider that as long as its accessible the gun is loaded like a few states do.
    As long as it's out of the gun (and no round in the chamber) you are good to go.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.


    Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
    Damn! I didn't know we had a Liberal in the AG office.
    It is the RCW, not the AG opinion.

  11. #11
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    It is the RCW, not the AG opinion.

    That and the list was changed on 1/15/13, the day BEFORE he took office.
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
    Damn! I didn't know we had a Liberal in the AG office.
    That has nothing to do with it. Like it or not (and I surely DON'T) he IS following WA state law as written.

  13. #13
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    Thank you everyone for the info. I will be be back in Wa. In a couple weeks. I will still oc while there I will just have to unload in my truck.

    Am I correct that as long as I remove the clip from my gun and put in in my pocket or console I'm good or do they consider that as long as its accessible the gun is loaded like a few states do.
    Why will you be visiting WA? If it is for ANY outdoor recreational activity, going to an official shoot ... you may conceal, or OC at your will...no CPL required (RCW 9.41.060(8). Read RCW 9.41.060. Those are the exemptions to all of the CPL/no CPL, vehicle carry garbage,

    If you are here for business, it will cost you $52.25 (no special training required, bring cash for faster response) for a CPL (resident/non-resident CPLs are identical). As a Non-resident, you can apply (in person) at any sheriff's office. Keep in mind, some counties will issue must faster than other counties. For a Non-resident permit they have 60 days to issue. I live in Okanogan Co. They are very quick, I understand Kitsap county is quick too. King co/Seattle will take every last day they are allowed. I understand Spokane Co is backed up (too many apps) BTW: OC is very well accepted

    One nice thing here in WA, there is no change between local government jurisdiction. Same law (state) everywhere.
    Last edited by hermannr; 05-03-2013 at 09:14 PM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member conandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Why will you be visiting WA? If it is for ANY outdoor recreational activity, going to an official shoot ... you may conceal, or OC at your will...no CPL required (RCW 9.41.060(8). Read RCW 9.41.060. Those are the exemptions to all of the CPL/no CPL, vehicle carry garbage,

    If you are here for business, it will cost you $52.25 (no special training required, bring cash for faster response) for a CPL (resident/non-resident CPLs are identical). As a Non-resident, you can apply (in person) at any sheriff's office. Keep in mind, some counties will issue must faster than other counties. For a Non-resident permit they have 60 days to issue. I live in Okanogan Co. They are very quick, I understand Kitsap county is quick too. King co/Seattle will take every last day they are allowed. I understand Spokane Co is backed up (too many apps) BTW: OC is very well accepted

    One nice thing here in WA, there is no change between local government jurisdiction. Same law (state) everywhere.
    I am there for work. I OC while I'm there, I will get a non res. licence just to not worry about loaded vehicle carry and the GFSZ. I have never had a problem in the years I've been coming up there.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    This is an article I got today in email. It has an email address.... SusanP1@atg.wa.gov ......... to his assistant as he (Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson (D)) does not have a public email address(?)

    http://www.nraila.org/legislation/st...un-owners.aspx

    I have already sent mail asking that he reconsider this position and amend the RCW. This would allow quite a few JBLM Troops to rearm.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  16. #16
    Regular Member Vitaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    593
    The Attorney General is following the RCW as written. Calling the A.G. is a waste of time, call and write your congress critters to get the RCW amended.

    Since no one has quoted the RCW yet, here it is:

    RCW 9.41.073
    Concealed pistol license — Reciprocity.


    (1)(a) A person licensed to carry a pistol in a state the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington is authorized to carry a concealed pistol in this state if:

    (i) The licensing state does not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under twenty-one years of age; and

    (ii) The licensing state requires mandatory fingerprint-based background checks of criminal and mental health history for all persons who apply for a concealed pistol license.

    (b) This section applies to a license holder from another state only while the license holder is not a resident of this state. A license holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state.

    (2) The attorney general shall periodically publish a list of states the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington and which meet the requirements of subsection (1)(a)(i) and (ii) of this section.

  17. #17
    Regular Member fire suppressor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kitsap County
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    This is news to me,, and I watch out for this stuff..
    Sooo, you lost Washington, and I lost Florida!
    I wonder whatthehell happened?

    Sooo bring 57 bucks and your fingers to any cop shop here and in an hour they will have your application,
    they will send it to you in 60 days or less.
    Washington is shall issue and they will issue to ANYBODY that is not prohibited!
    BTW, the Silverdale office of Kisap couty sheriff has been known
    to issue your permit, while you wait, for an Hour!!!
    I have to second defender on this. I do not know what part of Washington State you will be but Silverdale is a great place to get you CPL. I have got both my original and renewal there and both times I was in and out the door with my new laminated CPL in my hand in about 30 minutes. Generally they seem to have a I don't care attitude towards CPLs and as long as you have the money I do not see any problems
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •