• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clarification for OC while Camping

Kingcodez

I recently OC'd while camping in a state park near my house. It rained so I didn't get to do any hiking. Slept like a baby though, I didn't spend half my night sitting up trying to rationalize every little noise around me.

I just wanted to clarify if the definition of camping also includes hiking/sightseeing? As in, would hiking after setting up camp be alright?

I read an old thread on here which stated such, but there weren't any citations.

It is kind of weird to OC to/from the campsite, and then not be able to OC while hiking a few miles in said park.

rvrctyrngr

I recently OC'd while camping in a state park near my house. It rained so I didn't get to do any hiking. Slept like a baby though, I didn't spend half my night sitting up trying to rationalize every little noise around me.

I just wanted to clarify if the definition of camping also includes hiking/sightseeing? As in, would hiking after setting up camp be alright?

I read an old thread on here which stated such, but there weren't any citations.

It is kind of weird to OC to/from the campsite, and then not be able to OC while hiking a few miles in said park.

Yes, you're still 'camping' if you're on a hike away from the campsite.