Thread: 3D Printed Gun is Now a Reality. Cody says they should be up by Monday, with videos

3D Printed Gun is Now a Reality. Cody says they should be up by Monday, with videos

Ctrl+P = Gun?: Printing firearms at home with 3D printers now a reality. TWT

He plans to release the blueprint for “the Liberator” early next week after a few more rounds of testing. From there, anyone can download the design and create the gun with an open-source 3D printer, which can be bought for less than $1,000.http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...me-3d-printer/

Re: 3D Printed Gun is Now a Reality. videos

Staples is now also selling a $1299 desktop 3d printer. I wouldn't know if it has the acuracy required for this job though.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    Staples is now also selling a $1299 desktop 3d printer. I wouldn't know if it has the acuracy required for this job though.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

That's a good price and it will work, it will just take some cleaning up to finish the product. This one I will be ordering myself when I get the cash, it is a little bit more money but it is extremely HIGH DEF. then any other printer for the price range.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nal-3d-printer
    Last edited by zack991; 05-04-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Because of federal laws they had to implant a 6oz piece of metal in the firearm, so it would set metal detectors off.

Odds are, people who build these will not follow that guideline, so I sense big problems coming in the future from the Govt.

Although pretty sure the detectors at airports and stuff can detect hard plastics and stuff like these also? Not sure.
    Molon Labe

[+=] Eleftheria i thanatos [+=]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheGreek View Post
    Because of federal laws they had to implant a 6oz piece of metal in the firearm, so it would set metal detectors off.

Odds are, people who build these will not follow that guideline, so I sense big problems coming in the future from the Govt.

Although pretty sure the detectors at airports and stuff can detect hard plastics and stuff like these also? Not sure.
    these are requirements for firearms manufactures ... does not apply to private citizens ...

Make whatever firearms you desire ..

ammo would set off the alarm anyway

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CDT COX View Post
    ammo would set off the alarm anyway
    Didn't the assassin in "In the Line of Fire" find a way around that for his plastic gun?

3D Printed Gun is Now a Reality. Cody says they should be up by Monday, with

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Didn't the assassin in "In the Line of Fire" find a way around that for his plastic gun?
    hid the ammo in a metal pen.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Banned
    If it churns Chuckie Schumer's stomach, then it must be a good thing:

Fox45 Story

Banned
    If it churns Chuckie Schumer's stomach, then it must be a good thing:

Fox45 Story
    ya cannot stop progress !!! He sounds like that teacher in harry potter "progress for the sake of progress should be discouraged"

frick ! how did I know that ....

I just can't see buying a $1000 + Printer to make a pistol that fires one round. Sure it is impressive and yes it can make a firearm that is has no serial number, etc that the gov. does not like. Let me know when the printers run about $500 and can punch all the parts to make an AR or something cheaper than buying one. That will impress the heck out of me. But right now it is just interesting.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Terrorists and criminals are going to love this.

Banned
    So will Liberty-lovers. This development merely proves (actually this IS the significance of this development) that Liberty will out. Trying to squelch Liberty is like playing Whack-a-Mole. You may hit this one...and that one...and, look, that one over there! But another one will pop up there...and over there...and, look, that one over there!

This printed gun is a mole popping up over there. The government will try to whack it. But another will pop up elsewhere.

The firing pin is a nail so could be detectable, but there is plastic "practice" ammo powered by only a magnum primer, I use to use them in a .357 to kill rats in a barn, add a little powder and they could be a one shot close range killer and eliminate a large quantity of detectable metal.

I have no interest in a single shot .380; but this intrigues the hell out of me....

http://boingboing.net/2011/09/20/3d-...egulation.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    That's a good price and it will work, it will just take some cleaning up to finish the product. This one I will be ordering myself when I get the cash, it is a little bit more money but it is extremely HIGH DEF. then any other printer for the price range.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nal-3d-printer
    this one cannot make a AR lower (only 5.5" length, height, depth possible) ..

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Make whatever firearms you desire ..
    This is Truth. Build your own. It really is not that difficult.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

So will Liberty-lovers. This development merely proves (actually this IS the significance of this development) that Liberty will out. Trying to squelch Liberty is like playing Whack-a-Mole. You may hit this one...and that one...and, look, that one over there! But another one will pop up there...and over there...and, look, that one over there!
    That's the entire point. Cody Wilson isn't even a "gun guy". (Neither are Robert Levy or Alan Gura, but they delivered the Heller decision for us!)

The point is that you can always make an end run around the law, which makes law, and the government that creates and attempts to enforce it, anachronistic and pointless.

It doesn't even have to be an expensive high tech solution. Remember the price controls of the Nixon era? The government published long lists of all sorts of items, and what sellers were allowed to charge. They even published a schedule for various cuts of meat, by name!

Oddly enough (not!), those cuts of meat simply disappeared from the market. "What's that, you say? I can only charge $1.99 a pound for T-bone steaks? Oh, no problem... we're all out of T-bones. How about a nice L-bone instead, for just $2.99 a pound?"

Governments will attempt to ban these guns. When that fails, they will attempt to control the conventional ammunition they use. The solution for that will probably be even simpler -- since they're single shot anyway, make them muzzleloaders. If they ban lead, use ceramic projectiles. If they ban primers, switch to electric ignition. If they ban gunpowder, switch to gas.

The list goes on, endlessly. The only hope government has for containing firearms in someone conventional form, is to make sure they stay legal.
    Last edited by KBCraig; 05-09-2013 at 05:11 AM.

Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

3D Printed Gun is Now a Reality. Cody says they should be up by Monday, with

too late lol im sure millions have the files....
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Terrorists and criminals are going to love this.
    Yea, just imagine how many whole cities I can take over with a bunch of 3D printed single shot handguns.

I can make a firearm out of break line or gas pipe. If I was that desperate for a firearm I wouldn't worry about using a 3D printer to make one.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.