Thread: Is ocing at a rest area on I-5 ok.

Is ocing at a rest area on I-5 ok.

Just wonder about the buildings in rest area's, are they federal like a ranger station, or are they state run? Don't want to get taken down at gun point at the urnal.

Urnally speaking, you should be safe. I have used them before with no worries.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Re: Is ocing at a rest area on I-5 ok.

Rest stops are owned by the state. You are fine carrying at them. I have done so without issues.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Safety/RestAreas/rules.htm
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

State owned. I have OCed at several rest stops over the last few years.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Just be sure you don't "splash" anything on your firearm while at the urinal and all will be OK.

For some WA State Rest Areas it's a good idea to be carrying. Some are pretty remote with some strange critters hanging out at them.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I do not understand the worry. Just carry. If you are not supposed to be carrying in an area you will have someone mention it, but probably not. Go on with your life and stop worrying about your weapon. When you get nervous about it, others pick up on that.

Just carry.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I do not understand the worry. Just carry. If you are not supposed to be carrying in an area you will have someone mention it, but probably not. Go on with your life and stop worrying about your weapon. When you get nervous about it, others pick up on that.

Just carry.
    Not worried about my weapon.

Worried about losing my gun rights for being were I'm not suppose to be, like a federally owned building, ie fedaral park vistitor center, or federally funded vistitor center on federally funded interstate highway rest area.

Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    Rest stops are owned by the state. You are fine carrying at them. I have done so without issues.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Safety/RestAreas/rules.htm

This explains everything clearly. Thank you very much!

I thought all federal buildings were required to post no gun signs.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

I actually thought this was a good question and one I never thought about. As far as I know as many others have said they are run by the state no worries there but I still thought it was a good question to ask. Thanks for getting my mind working this morning
    Last edited by fire suppressor; 05-04-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    I actually thought this was a good question and one I never thought about. As far as I know as many others have said they are run by the state no worries there but I still thought it was a good question to ask. Thanks for getting my mind working this morning
    Most every Rest Stop I have ever gone into along the Interstate System (in driving through 80% of the States) all have signs plainly telling who operates them. In over 40 years of traveling I have yet to see a single rest stop owned or operated by the Federal Government.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

The other day we went to Wenachee to pick up my wife's older boy. On the way back we stopped at the rest area at the top of the hill just this side of Vantage. There were three Spokane PD K9 units there. I went in OC and one of the officers (in plain clothes) said "hi" and walked out when he was done. No issues. On my way out I heard another dad say to his son "He must also be a policeman, they're all carrying guns." I turned around, smiled and said, "nope, just a regular Joe." He replied with "Oh, open carry, cool."