• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is ocing at a rest area on I-5 ok.

jsanchez

Just wonder about the buildings in rest area's, are they federal like a ranger station, or are they state run? Don't want to get taken down at gun point at the urnal.

amlevin

Just be sure you don't "splash" anything on your firearm while at the urinal and all will be OK.

For some WA State Rest Areas it's a good idea to be carrying. Some are pretty remote with some strange critters hanging out at them.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I do not understand the worry. Just carry. If you are not supposed to be carrying in an area you will have someone mention it, but probably not. Go on with your life and stop worrying about your weapon. When you get nervous about it, others pick up on that.

Just carry.

jsanchez

I do not understand the worry. Just carry. If you are not supposed to be carrying in an area you will have someone mention it, but probably not. Go on with your life and stop worrying about your weapon. When you get nervous about it, others pick up on that.

Just carry.

Not worried about my weapon.

Worried about losing my gun rights for being were I'm not suppose to be, like a federally owned building, ie fedaral park vistitor center, or federally funded vistitor center on federally funded interstate highway rest area.

fire suppressor

I actually thought this was a good question and one I never thought about. As far as I know as many others have said they are run by the state no worries there but I still thought it was a good question to ask. Thanks for getting my mind working this morning

Last edited:

amlevin

I actually thought this was a good question and one I never thought about. As far as I know as many others have said they are run by the state no worries there but I still thought it was a good question to ask. Thanks for getting my mind working this morning

Most every Rest Stop I have ever gone into along the Interstate System (in driving through 80% of the States) all have signs plainly telling who operates them. In over 40 years of traveling I have yet to see a single rest stop owned or operated by the Federal Government.

sirpuma

The other day we went to Wenachee to pick up my wife's older boy. On the way back we stopped at the rest area at the top of the hill just this side of Vantage. There were three Spokane PD K9 units there. I went in OC and one of the officers (in plain clothes) said "hi" and walked out when he was done. No issues. On my way out I heard another dad say to his son "He must also be a policeman, they're all carrying guns." I turned around, smiled and said, "nope, just a regular Joe." He replied with "Oh, open carry, cool." :D

LarryM

Just be sure you don't "splash" anything on your firearm while at the urinal and all will be OK.

For some WA State Rest Areas it's a good idea to be carrying. Some are pretty remote with some strange critters hanging out at them.

Watch out for that "free coffee" also - that'll give you reason to pause if the critters dont....:lol: