• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms and Kingwood

boutaswell

I know this is an open carry forum but perhaps someone has some insight on this. I saw someone post tonight on Facebook (they are from the Kingwood area) that they had seen/read/heard/somehow gotten the info, that carrying concealed in Kingwood, even with a license, was verbotten by city code. I replied that I would like the particular city code and when it was enacted so I could find out more. I've never heard anything about Kingwood, only mention of Charleston, Wheeling and Martinsburg.

So, if anyone has any info/insight on this, please post as I visit Kingwood a bit since the missus is from there and don't want to get caught the wrong way. I'm pretty sure that even CC is probably banned at the Buckwheat Festival but I don't know about the whole town.

Thanks,

Fuller Malarkey

As far as I know, Charleston, Dunbar and South Charleston are the "Grandfathered in" cities. Martinsburg is not grandfathered in....open carry allowed [restricted in city buildings, DAMHIK]

http://www.journal-news.net/page/content.detail/id/509089.html?nav=5006

Legislation has passed in the house to do away with the grandfather nonsense, and state preemption would prevail, meaning a locality couldn't pass ordinances more restrictive than than the state has in place. It would also do away with Charleston's draconian three day wait period to buy a handgun.

boutaswell

Quote from the Journal-Observer by the mayor at the time, "Karos said adjustments were made to the previous ordinance in an effort to protect city employees."

This is the thing that liberals always fail to understand. A piece of paper will not stop a bullet and a law written down on a piece of paper will not stop an individual from walking through the doors of the Parks & Recreation building, for example, and unloading a couple or 20 boxes of toothpicks on the people inside. It's kinda like a restraining order, they stop nothing. How many battered women are finally battered or shot to death by an estranged husband that had a restraining order on their head?