• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hr bill 495

rast1971

I havent been on here in awhile (Work) so i think i missed something. HR bill 495 was signed into law in march? and if i am reading this right you can now carry a full mag. as long as it is not in the gun and not in the same compartment as the gun, is this right?

It has been a major pain in the rear to have to unload my 45 and remove all the ammo from the mag. as i do not have a ccw. I always felt weird having to stand in the parking lot at the store popping rounds into the mag. and seeing people turn and go back to their cars. :D

ps1mhd

Why/when would you have to unload or not have a full mag?
I live in KY but go to Ohio 5or 6 times a year.

Mike

Hareuhal

Why/when would you have to unload or not have a full mag?
I live in KY but go to Ohio 5or 6 times a year.

Mike

If you do not have an Ohio recognized CHL, you cannot carry a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle.

The law was recently changed to update the definition of "loaded". Previously, you could not have any ammunition in a magazine or speedloader (or handgun) without a CHL. If you did, regardless of if you actually had the firearm as well, under Ohio law you were considered to be carrying a loaded firearm.

The law now says you may have loaded magazines so long as there is no ammunition in the firearm, and the magazine with ammunition is not inserted into the firearm, and they are kept in separate compartments.

Again, only applies if you do not have a valid CHL.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2