Thread: Military Surplus

Military Surplus

Can anyone point me to a good Military Surplus store in the LV area?

Thanks
    Noah

Hahn's Military Surplus

2908 E. Lake Mead Blvd

N. Las Vegas

Military Surplus

That's really the only one I saw on the Google Machine. Thanks for seconding the nomination.

Good luck OP, MS is not the haven of inexpensive quality equipment it used to be. Much of it now is MS replica/copies, and it is not inexpensive.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I grew up not far from Hahn's Surplus. It was the genuine article back then, but I've not set foot in that place in two decades. I hear it is mostly imported crap now. Please post a review after you check it out.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Military Surplus

Yup not worth it in my opinion. One of the things I went in for i found retail for $450, Hahn's had it for $349, on Amazon for $120 (all brand new). I didn't see one price that I would consider decent with the exception of the issue can openers ($.50)

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Much of it now is MS replica/copies
    That's somehow fitting, as the guy in your avatar was also a replica.

"Iron Eyes Cody" was actually an Italian-American named Espera Oscar de Corti.

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    That's somehow fitting, as the guy in your avatar was also a replica.

"Iron Eyes Cody" was actually an Italian-American named Espera Oscar de Corti.
    AND? SO?

It is a avatar, not a avatar store or military surplus store, besides the fact I am not him just using a pic. What is your point and what in the helll does it have to do with the OP? I really do not understand the anger over my avatar, but if that is what floats your boat, you have my condolences.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

There's also Madman Army Surplus by Sahara. There are signs that state they are closing, but going inside seems like it is not. It may be a gimmick to get people to come in. However, you get a discount of 25% if you buy 2 items of the same price or as some would advertise "Buy One Get the Second Item (of equal or lesser value) for 50% off"

Re: Military Surplus

Hans is SERIOUSLY over priced

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mad Man's is overpriced on some things as well... ammo cans being one of them... a lot of his stuf isn't surplus, it's retail tacticool gear. You might also consider the "zombie apolcolyps store" on spring mountain.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

I believe the only true "surplus" stores in the valley are Hahns and Mad Mans if im not mistaken. Options for that sort of thing are limited here.
    I typically get my stuff online from U.S. Cavalry.

AND? SO?
    And so I found the irony amusing, especially if you were unaware of "Cody's" true heritage (as the vast majority of people are). I also found it amusing when discussing vulcanology with a guy who had Leonard Nimoy as his avatar.

The only anger here seems to be coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    And so I found the irony amusing, especially if you were unaware of "Cody's" true heritage (as the vast majority of people are). I also found it amusing when discussing vulcanology with a guy who had Leonard Nimoy as his avatar.

The only anger here seems to be coming from you.
    Glad you were amused! I find it amusing that people lose so much sleep over a non offensive avatar, so much so they can't resist making comments. So do you also laugh hysterically at avatars of other actors who play doctors when they are not doctors, or bandits when they are not bandits, or maybe a cowboy who is not a cowboy? I find the irony funny at what floats people's boats especially when it has nothing to do with a OP. Actually strike the irony, and replace it with pathetic.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

I had good luck at Bucks War Surplus on Nelis. Oh wait it closed over 25 years ago. As previously said no place worth a hoot now days.

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    I had good luck at Bucks War Surplus on Nellis. ...
    I was about to ask where they had gone, because I, too, remember them disappearing a long time ago. Fond memories...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Glad you were amused!
    Thank you.

If it is ammo cans you are looking for There is a dude that is set up in Beatty Nevada (approx 100 miles north) he has a huge amount. I do not know what his prices are like, but I would assume pretty fair. Someone can stop by on their next trip north, and reconnoiter the situation.... then we could possibly all go for the "bulk Buy as well as pitch in for gas.

Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    If it is ammo cans you are looking for There is a dude that is set up in Beatty Nevada (approx 100 miles north) he has a huge amount. I do not know what his prices are like, but I would assume pretty fair. Someone can stop by on their next trip north, and reconnoiter the situation.... then we could possibly all go for the "bulk Buy as well as pitch in for gas.
    He is a very friendly sort and does have a huge supply of any kind you would want. His prices are good and he will haggle a bit with you. I've bought quite a few from him....TBG.......http://rvtravel.com/blog/chuck/2007/...s-by-road.html
    Last edited by The Big Guy; 05-06-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

been to madman's and he is a little off his rocker. He doesn't allow people to use their cellphones inside his store. There was(or used to be) a sign that said "No cellphones or video recording allowed" on the front door. I pulled out my phone to check the time and he acted like I pulled a gun . I forgot to tell him that he left his tinfoil hat at home. -.- Also very overpriced.
    "Si vis pacem parabellum" - If you want peace, Prepare for war.

The Sportsman Guide catalog has lots of European Mil surplus in it. Not in LV but they carry lots of stuff
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do