• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brandishing

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I should have gone fishing with RiverRat!

It was a long night and an early morning. I came back to meet one of the members here at RCD and deliver some items he's bought.
We stayed on for the breakfast and even though I was tired and humiliated for carrying a Glock:cuss:which I didn't even have on (Had a shotgun in the car)...it was just another great morning with good friends.

I decided to go to the gunshow and see if they had any powder, which they didn't...but things went downhill early.

There is a vendor that sells those grab your butt holsters, that is always a pain in the A&&...(Pun intended:lol:) but today he was worse.

I said hello to Tess at the VCDL Table and my wife was talking to her. Grabyerbutt was at the next table and he started on me about his stupid holsters.

I said "I Open Carry". Oh then I can kill you any time I want he said.

I told him where I came from someone that walked around with his hands down his pants was either lonesome or straddled too many fences.

He reached around behind his back and pulled out a 1911, pointed it at me and said "Now that's so fast it doesn't matter what people think".

That made me mad and I said..."Looked pretty slow to me and you point that gun at me again we're going out back".

He went into his best Gangs of LA routine and said "Yeah, we can go out back but that doesn't matter. What matters is how many holes I can put in you before we get there.

Ass whuppin time!
My wife saw what was happening and grabbed me with her usual "What are you doing?" and yanked me to the other side of the isle (She's tougher than I am so I went along:uhoh:)...anyway, we got to the front of the building and saw Bruce Jackson and his dog. I said hello and Bruce said he was working the VCDL table.

I asked Bruce who that idiot was and he said (I don't know but he's a hell of a salesman). I explained what was going on and Bruce just said, tell the show sponsor (Who were right there).

I did tell them and they went back there. No idea what happened and don't really care. I bought a few things then went to dinner.

I have some serious questions about training and attitudes though.

Here we have Scouser who was charged with Brandising for simply putting his gun in his holster in his own car. VCDL's only statement I know of was, this will teach him to never touch his gun.

But a vendor points a gun at a helpless elderly man:cry: and threatens him and a VCDL Board member says he's a hell of a salesman.

Something is just not right there.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
aren't ALL firearms supposed to be zip tied at the shows?

See, there you go again, trying to make the world act according to the rules.

Presuming what he brought out from behind his back was not obviously a blue/red gun* there is a high likelihood that there would be bruises, if not contusions, abrasions, and/or fractures to be attended to. Unlke some of the more restrained, calm, patient and understanding members here I do not wait to see what someone will actually do when they present what a reasonable person would apprehend as an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury.

The Keeper may be more patient than all of the saints assembled, but I would risk her umbrage at my behavior in order to increase the odds of being made to eat naught but salads for several months as opposed to knowing she would be auctioning off my toys at bargain-basement prices in the mistaken belief that quantity can beat quality.

As for the organizational responses - what did you expect? It was not a gun rights issue. The victims of criminals have their own organizations to take up the matter.

stay safe.

* - why are even fake/practice/training/toy guns divided along political lines. Can't we all just get along?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
See, there you go again, trying to make the world act according to the rules.

Presuming what he brought out from behind his back was not obviously a blue/red gun* there is a high likelihood that there would be bruises, if not contusions, abrasions, and/or fractures to be attended to. Unlke some of the more restrained, calm, patient and understanding members here I do not wait to see what someone will actually do when they present what a reasonable person would apprehend as an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury.

The Keeper may be more patient than all of the saints assembled, but I would risk her umbrage at my behavior in order to increase the odds of being made to eat naught but salads for several months as opposed to knowing she would be auctioning off my toys at bargain-basement prices in the mistaken belief that quantity can beat quality.

As for the organizational responses - what did you expect? It was not a gun rights issue. The victims of criminals have their own organizations to take up the matter.

stay safe.

* - why are even fake/practice/training/toy guns divided along political lines. Can't we all just get along?

I don't think that was a prop Skid. It looked like a fully functional 1911.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think there must be something being released into the air. Stooppid people are acting more stoopider than usual :eek:

palerider116

I don't think that was a prop Skid. It looked like a fully functional 1911.

He's fortunate you did not leave "1191 tolC" on his forehead if you had decided to beat him with it.

Then the talk about shooting you before y'all even made it outside.

He is lucky. Or you are longsuffering. Or both.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
He's fortunate you did not leave "1191 tolC" on his forehead if you had decided to beat him with it.

Then the talk about shooting you before y'all even made it outside.

He is lucky. Or you are longsuffering. Or both.

You never know who the lucky one is till it's over. Sure did make me mad though.

HearseGuy

Was this a kinda short and out of shape black dude, kinda older? Something about "Concealment Holsters" on his banner?

I got into it with him about open carry. He then proceeded to pull out a 1911 chambered in .45, and stick it in some guys stomach to show how fast he could draw. He is extremely annoying. It was zip tied but I don't care. He done it to me instinct may have made me break his wrist

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Was this a kinda short and out of shape black dude, kinda older? Something about "Concealment Holsters" on his banner?

I got into it with him about open carry. He then proceeded to pull out a 1911 chambered in .45, and stick it in some guys stomach to show how fast he could draw. He is extremely annoying. It was zip tied but I don't care. He done it to me instinct may have made me break his wrist

That's him!

JoeSparky

Centurion

Sounds like someone who should go out of business due to no customers and no gun shows that will allow him to offer products for sale... and that ain't a racist comment--- I don't care what color he is or isn't!

I don't care how "good" his product is or isn't--- his behavior as described is reprehensible!

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
Sounds to me like you had "a good faith belief, based on objective fact, that you were faced with the imminent threat of a serious bodily injury." He's lucky you didn't kill him. Were there any witnesses? Sounds like a trip to the magistrate to me.

scouser

That's him!

I know who you're talking about now. I generally avoid the aisle he's in whenever I see him simply because I'm sure I've never seen any of the firearms he pulls out to be zip tied and I've always thought his handling was beyond reckless

Glockster

Unbelievable....yeah, I'm with user's take on this. I personally would have a hard time trying to balance him being "just" an idiot that seems to me to have broken at least a law or two vs. an idiot who might be a rule breaker as well (like cutting the zip tie off).

Funny thing is that I hear that your draw gets slower and slower the more often someone takes a guy like that's arm right out of his socket and shoves it right up....

MKEgal

I am amazed & aghast. :shocker: :cuss:
At the very least, I would have yelled at him... something to the effect of "DON'T THREATEN ME WITH THAT GUN!"
Hopefully that would be followed up by grabbing it & shoving it toward the ground. Too bad so sad if he gets some tender bits injured in the process.
And once the immediate problem was dealt with, find a cop & swear out a complaint (or however it's done out there).

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip-- Sounds like a trip to the magistrate to me.

--snip-- swear out a complaint (or however it's done out there).
I second both motions
icon14.png

TFred

Sounds to me like you had "a good faith belief, based on objective fact, that you were faced with the imminent threat of a serious bodily injury." He's lucky you didn't kill him. Were there any witnesses? Sounds like a trip to the magistrate to me.
So let me get this straight... Scouser gets arrested and incarcerated for 13 hours, faces on the upper side of 5 figures for a legal defense, for simply moving a legally carried gun from one secured container to another, and THIS GUY spends all day trying to make sales by sticking a gun in peoples' guts, and nothing happens to him?

Sounds like he needs a visitor from his local area boys in blue or brown on Monday morning.

TFred

user

Accomplished Advocate
So let me get this straight... Scouser gets arrested and incarcerated for 13 hours, faces on the upper side of 5 figures for a legal defense, for simply moving a legally carried gun from one secured container to another, and THIS GUY spends all day trying to make sales by sticking a gun in peoples' guts, and nothing happens to him?

Sounds like he needs a visitor from his local area boys in blue or brown on Monday morning.

TFred

Yeah; and he won't get any help from me. In fact, I'm kind of mulling over a civil suit for assault.

toreador

Ha I saw that guy at dulles expo. He was extremely annoying and obnoxious. I avoided his area after he yanked a huge wheel gun from his pants and shook it like he was high.