Thread: A couple articles from my local news paper.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Wisconsin, USA

A couple articles from my local news paper.

Here is a tribune article about businesses posting. Read the last paragraph.

Here is my recent letter to the editor regarding expanding background checks.

Enjoy the reading

northern wis
    Not bad.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

West Allis, WI
    Hubert, I didn't know you had a WI permit.

I really liked the article you wrote.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

UT Sporting Goods Stores Adaptive Response

While this does not readily apply to Wisconsin, the idea does. In Utah, the Big Box sporting stores (Cabelas, Sportsman's Warehouse, Scheels, etc.) have a unique sign that says basically - if you intend to unholster your legally carried firearm, other than to protect yourself or others from imminent harm, we ask that you allow our employees to clear the firearm and apply a lock. The sign is the result of an incident at a Cabelas in which a person removed his firearm from his holster to try a new holster and it negligently discharged (because he put his booger finger on the bang stick).

Wisconsin businesses would do well to adapt a similar policy.

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

in front of my computer, WI
    I've seen those signs at Cablea's and Fleet Farm.
    Have to say, though, that the Cabela's policy is full of .
    Why do they need my name in order to check that the pistol I'm bringing in is unloaded?
    Completely unnecessary.

Why, after putting in a chamber flag and trigger lock, do they they prohibit me from handling my pistol while in the store?

I had to be babysat to the gun library, and once they were done there I still wasn't allowed to carry the unloaded & encased pistol to my car. He literally walked me one step out the door before handing it back.