• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Geoffrey Fieger made me yell at my TV.

MikeTheGreek

Has anyone seen the new Geoffrey Fieger commercial about wanting to ban Automatic Weapons and 100 round "clips"? I just saw this a few minutes ago. It's sad that I'm visiting my Canadian family, and this crap is still on my TV.

He finishes the commercial with "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything"

I can't even. :banghead:

FreeInAZ

He is actually less than 2 miles from my work. Seriously considering it.

Do it! Do it! Do it! This guy is the biggest dirtbag in that area! Man I'd almost fly back to join in. What a scumbag - in my " opinion - " don't want him suing this forum. :rolleyes:

sharkey

It's doubly annoying when a criminal lawyer, one who uses the constitution for his clients, talks about updating the constitution.

Damn it Fieger, when they wrote the Constitution they were talking about quills not videos on the 'net.

[video=youtube;pNQhJqqHaXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNQhJqqHaXo[/video]

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
left this comment on his video:
wow, a lawyer attacking the constitution. makes sense. and way to alienate a HUGE section of potential clientele. by the way, the first amendment doesn't apply to youtube, fieger. the founding fathers couldn't have envisioned a form of media that could reach millions of people all at once. ban cars too, they kill WAY more people than guns.

FreeInAZ

left this comment on his video:
wow, a lawyer attacking the constitution. makes sense. and way to alienate a HUGE section of potential clientele. by the way, the first amendment doesn't apply to youtube, fieger. the founding fathers couldn't have envisioned a form of media that could reach millions of people all at once. ban cars too, they kill WAY more people than guns.

He will start censoring the comments shortly if I know him well enough. He truly only believes one thing: he is smarter than everyone else, which of course will be his downfall. :D

Haman J.T.

After seeing one of his latest, saying he does police brutality cases, I yelled at the tube, AGAIN! I spoke to one of his lawyers about a false arrest, where the only witness for the WPD said they lied and the charges were dropped.My lawyer at the time(who became a judge shortly after) said he didn't want to deal with it, to get someone else that might be interested. he Feiger lawyer said he couldn't trust a jury to figure it out! Feiger says he'll stand up for the little guy(I think it's about the $$$$) except for me(I must be a big guy EH!)!! LEFTIST FRAUD!

MikeTheGreek

I was going to go wave a sign around infront of his office, but I've been extremely busy with my Army enlistment ****. Been at a recruiting office, every day, for the last 7 days, for like 6 hours a day, and just spent 14 hours at MEPS yesterday.

Hopefully, once I get more than 2 hours of sleep, I can stop by his office and protest, although I don't see that happening anytime soon. :banghead:

FreeInAZ

I was going to go wave a sign around infront of his office, but I've been extremely busy with my Army enlistment ****. Been at a recruiting office, every day, for the last 7 days, for like 6 hours a day, and just spent 14 hours at MEPS yesterday.

Hopefully, once I get more than 2 hours of sleep, I can stop by his office and protest, although I don't see that happening anytime soon. :banghead:

Mike ask for the opposite MOS of that you want. For instance if you want to be a helicopter pilot ask for the motor pool. :p Edit to add they're going to love you! Why? Already did a couple of tours in a hell hole (Detroit). And you save their barber lots of time with the mohawk. :D Kidding aside - Good luck Mike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVHrDL16oaM

Last edited:

MikeTheGreek

Mike ask for the opposite MOS of that you want. For instance if you want to be a helicopter pilot ask for the motor pool. :p Edit to add they're going to love you! Why? Already did a couple of tours in a hell hole (Detroit). And you save their barber lots of time with the mohawk. :D Kidding aside - Good luck Mike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVHrDL16oaM

Hahaha. I already have my MOS picked, 11x Infantry. Already have the paperwork printed out and everything. My recruiter was nice enough to push my job through for me.

I don't wanna leave my mohawk =(

Thank you sir!

Bronson

Hahaha. I already have my MOS picked, 11x Infantry. Already have the paperwork printed out and everything. My recruiter was nice enough to push my job through for me.

I don't wanna leave my mohawk =(

Thank you sir!

I've known two drill instructor's in my life, one is my step-brother. Some advice they both gave was "GET IT IN WRITING!" Don't believe ANYTHING your recruiter tells you. They are not "nice" they are salesmen and unless it's written into your contract it doesn't exist, it was never said, and it didn't happen. You are signing up for something very serious...maybe you should have a contract lawyer look through your contract before you sign it, because you better believe that the U.S. Gov't will hold you to whatever contract you put your signature on.

Bronson

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I've known two drill instructor's in my life, one is my step-brother. Some advice they both gave was "GET IT IN WRITING!" Don't believe ANYTHING your recruiter tells you. They are not "nice" they are salesmen and unless it's written into your contract it doesn't exist, it was never said, and it didn't happen. You are signing up for something very serious...maybe you should have a contract lawyer look through your contract before you sign it, because you better believe that the U.S. Gov't will hold you to whatever contract you put your signature on.

Bronson

Once again bronson proves to be wise. Mike read, then re-read the following link. I STRONGLY suggest you get specific's in writing if at all possible. Remember ditch/latrine diggers are part of the "general" infantry also! http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjobs/a/11x.htm

http://tilz.tearfund.org/Publications/Footsteps+21-30/Footsteps+30/Planning+a+pit+latrine.htm

Knowing you - you already signed the papers, didn't you? How's that song go? "You're digging a ditch, you son of a biotch, your're in the army now!"..... :p

TheQ

Bronson

But they won't hold themselves to the contract -- Google "stop loss"

Also a good video: http://youtu.be/ZFsaGv6cefw

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
yeah, q is half right. it doesn't matter what you get in writing from anyone. they will do whatever they want. i was stop-lossed for 6 months. however, stop-loss is not a breach of contract because when you sign a 4 (or in my case 5) year contract, you are signing 4 active and 4 inactive. they simply extended me into my inactive time.

Last edited: