• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yuma Open Carry, Sheriff Dept, honk and a friendly wave

ccwinstructor

Centurion
I was out running this morning (missed a session yesterday covering the Phoenix Gun Turn in). I was open carrying, a habit I picked up during Desert Storm back in the 90's in Arizona, not the sandbox.

While running, I heard a short honk. I turned to see a Yuma Sheriff's Dept. truck going by and caught a friendly wave from the deputy.

Nice to be trusted by peace officers. In my experience, Sheriff departments are very supportive of armed citizens.

Dean Weingarten

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2013/05/yuma-open-carry-sheriff-dept-honk-and.html