Thread: HCP wait time?

Question HCP wait time?

I filled out application on Friday, May 3rd and had fingerprints taken yesterday May 4th. Anyone received HCP lately, interested to see wait times since HCP is up in numbers right now? The guy at the DMV told me that I can expect to get the permit within 90 days but I know thats the generic response. Thanks!

Filled mine out near the end of January and got it in about 3 weeks. Hopefully you'll get yours as quickly.

The waiting period is a good time to get further education on where and how other people open carry in your area, especially problem businesses and posted areas.

I put in my application on 4/12/13 and still waiting. Hopeful every day when checking the mail. Will update once received.

Expect it to take some time, close to the maximum time allowed. TN has a record number of permits going out in recent months.

I read online where some people had called to check the status and were approved but not sent and they were able to send them on out then. So I called today mostly to confirm it was received, and was told I was approved, it should mail by the end of the week and take 7-14 days. Try 1-866-849-3548. Go through prompts and if it rings a long time just hang in there. I almost hung up as it rang so long. Glad I didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by tumblingdice View Post
    I read online where some people had called to check the status and were approved but not sent and they were able to send them on out then. So I called today mostly to confirm it was received, and was told I was approved, it should mail by the end of the week and take 7-14 days. Try 1-866-849-3548. Go through prompts and if it rings a long time just hang in there. I almost hung up as it rang so long. Glad I didn't!
    Hey Tumbling, how long ago did you apply? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrainey1995 View Post
    Hey Tumbling, how long ago did you apply? Thanks
    Nevermind, I see up in the thread when you applied. Thanks

Mine finally came in today. Took 48 days.