• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HCP wait time?

bbrainey1995

I filled out application on Friday, May 3rd and had fingerprints taken yesterday May 4th. Anyone received HCP lately, interested to see wait times since HCP is up in numbers right now? The guy at the DMV told me that I can expect to get the permit within 90 days but I know thats the generic response. Thanks!

Silvertongue

Filled mine out near the end of January and got it in about 3 weeks. Hopefully you'll get yours as quickly.

The waiting period is a good time to get further education on where and how other people open carry in your area, especially problem businesses and posted areas.

tumblingdice

I put in my application on 4/12/13 and still waiting. Hopeful every day when checking the mail. Will update once received.

tumblingdice

I read online where some people had called to check the status and were approved but not sent and they were able to send them on out then. So I called today mostly to confirm it was received, and was told I was approved, it should mail by the end of the week and take 7-14 days. Try 1-866-849-3548. Go through prompts and if it rings a long time just hang in there. I almost hung up as it rang so long. Glad I didn't!

bbrainey1995

I read online where some people had called to check the status and were approved but not sent and they were able to send them on out then. So I called today mostly to confirm it was received, and was told I was approved, it should mail by the end of the week and take 7-14 days. Try 1-866-849-3548. Go through prompts and if it rings a long time just hang in there. I almost hung up as it rang so long. Glad I didn't!

Hey Tumbling, how long ago did you apply? Thanks