• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry March down Route 66

mspgunner

Who would be interested in participating in an Open Carry March down a portion of Route 66? Perhaps the portion that runs through Pulaski County since all of the towns along this route do not prohibit Open Carry?

i would not engage in anything high profile and "new" until the deed is done. The meet and greets are at places where they have been done before, where law enforcement is not a problem. THE VERY LAST THING WE NEED NOW IS ANY BAD PRESS. FOR TH ENEW PEOPLE, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT HAS DOEN FOR US IN PAST YEARS, IT LITERALLY SUNK THE SHIP ON LEGISLATION.

JUST SAY NO!!! DON'T DO IT, BE PATIENT!!! YOU CANNOT DO THE CAUSE ANY GOOD, ONLY A LPB OF HARM AT THIS POINT!!!
NO NEWS IN THE PRESS RIGHT NIGHT IS THE BEST NEWS. I'VE BEEN REQUESTED FOR INTERVIEWS FOR TV AND RADIO. I RESPECTFULLY SAID NO, PLEASE WAIT TILL THE DEED IS DONE!!!!

THERE IS ONE IN THE GROUP THAT HAS A GREAT PR CAMPAIGN PLANNED for public display.. We are on hold till we go for it............

Rule #1 Don't mess up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason Castillo

i would not engage in anything high profile and "new" until the deed is done. The meet and greets are at places where they have been done before, where law enforcement is not a problem. THE VERY LAST THING WE NEED NOW IS ANY BAD PRESS. FOR TH ENEW PEOPLE, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT HAS DOEN FOR US IN PAST YEARS, IT LITERALLY SUNK THE SHIP ON LEGISLATION.

JUST SAY NO!!! DON'T DO IT, BE PATIENT!!! YOU CANNOT DO THE CAUSE ANY GOOD, ONLY A LPB OF HARM AT THIS POINT!!!
NO NEWS IN THE PRESS RIGHT NIGHT IS THE BEST NEWS. I'VE BEEN REQUESTED FOR INTERVIEWS FOR TV AND RADIO. I RESPECTFULLY SAID NO, PLEASE WAIT TILL THE DEED IS DONE!!!!

THERE IS ONE IN THE GROUP THAT HAS A GREAT PR CAMPAIGN PLANNED for public display.. We are on hold till we go for it............

Rule #1 Don't mess up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree. This is something we don't need right now. I think a march is a good idea, just not in the current climate.

HighValueWarrior

I think I now understand the frustration of mspgunner and others .......

@hiruleshouse
What part of laying low till the bill is actually signed into law don't you understand sir ????

HP995

House: Can the march be scheduled after the legislation is finished?

mspgunner

Let the law go into effect.... WE have seen the power of the press, it is killer when it coems to firearms and the legislature.

Want to do something that has been done before and we know there willbe no problems?

I'm off clear across the State to Independence for their monthly meet up.

There will be many OCers and the LEOs very well know the law, well they have been educated so they know it.

I know a few of these folks and have chatted with tohers for along time, this should be a good meet up.

I'm on the east side of MO., they are at the other end of the State, but I gotta meet many of these good people doing good things.

Just hold on, not much further to go... we hope!

Last edited:

mspgunner

If you go to this O.C. meeting BEFORE The law goes into effect you will be at odds with the others in this thread.-at least it seems that way. I want other open carriers to come together in public in my town where open carry is accepted by Law enforcement and I'm being verbally thrashed for it.

The Independence and K.C. folks have been meeting for years!
None of us (as far as i know) have ever met you. We know there will be no problems here and the local media has covered this event many times.
All of the peopel know most of the the others, big difference.
Of course you are free to do as you choose.
carry on........

HP995

Wow, that multiple-choice slander quiz is sickening. Reminds me of documentary about Humboldt squid, when they attack their own.

I vote D - a group engaged in a very worthy cause met some setbacks in previous years from unfortunate Jeff city reactions to bad press of random gun-related incidents, and some people became a bit hostile and paranoid of other efforts as a result, rightly so in some cases, but now a 2A-OC supporter with a nice plan for a march at an unspecified time becomes a scapegoat.

The stakes are high and the chosen tactics are to lie low a bit after setting the wheels in motion, and I think the end result is worth doing just that - I'm game - but tactics shouldn't give way to outright FEAR and FEAR to slander and discouraging fellow supporters. The bickering and name-calling was based on assuming the march would be right away, and a previous post at this forum backs up the idea that it was intended for a bit later in the year. We don't need a cult of fear and disrespect, and a house divided. That won't help, and it sure is ugly.

Gunner actually was discussing this respectfully - good job Gunner - he had it covered, so there was no need for insults and misrepresentations by others.

Hiruleshouse, I think your OC march idea sounds good, especially if it involved some nice-looking roadmarks for pics or video. I see that in 2010 you proposed it too and explained some of your thinking.

I'm not physically good at marching - I can only walk short distances at best and sometimes not at all - so it's not my cup of tea. But I like the idea. We sure need more local authorities who support 2A and OC!

BTW, you owe me big time for taking up for you and getting flamed myself! Hope you appreciate that. But I'm not doing it for you personally; I'm just promoting the idea that we should be united against the gun grabbers and not weakened by internal strife.

And I don't mind flames at all when I'm stating the obvious. (History generally isn't kind to those who go overboard in internal disagreements rather than focusing on the external enemy.) Anyone who rails against fellow supporters while the gun grabbers are working around the clock is sadly misguided. I don't want us to win the battle and lose the war.

So I hope that:

1. Everyone will be mindful of keeping things nice and trouble-free while the law is finalized, as requested.

2. Some people who say "get off your a$$es and do something" will see the complete hypocrisy in also discouraging people from doing anything, other than "what we tell you"

3. We will stand more united and stronger, encouraging everyone to do what they can.

HP995

Hiruleshouse, after going out on a limb for you here, I was looking again at your original post in 2010:

I was wondering what people think about an Open Carry March in Missouri that would last from July23-25 going East to West down Route 66?

A 3-day march? Yikes. Could be cool with some athletic people (or maybe a bikathon), that could make a very interesting and visually appealing documentary video, but it's definitely not for everyone if it's 3 days to cover a long distance from point A to B. How would that work?

I would also be wary of assuming that everything would go without any bumps because of one police chief and a local news owner. Anti gunners are very driven people, anyone anywhere could turn out to be an O-man out to make good folks look bad, and one over excitable under informed police officer can cause a huge headache complete with muzzling. After the legislation clears on the other hand, with some CCW people among your OCers, any episode is much more likely to end in your favor and enjoyable for all, so that's one way the legislation will help you.

And that leads us to...I hope you also see why other people here are excited about the legislation! OC without permits is awesome and right, but rock-solid protection for OC with CCW gives us a better and safer environment for all efforts, including your idea. Plus the state rights protections against anti-Constitutional federal actions are priceless. So, that's a sweet package and it really is worth being cautious about during this final stretch, and hoping that it is successful in becoming law!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Hiruleshouse, after going out on a limb for you here, I was looking again at your original post in 2010:

Yes, he has been absent for three years and he quite likely has not researched the last few legislative sessions. Those who refuse to learn from history are bound to repeat it. Several have tried to educate him about it, but he continues to discuss it in a public forum. He remains a free man, he may do as he wishes, no one is forced to listen to the wisdom of the past. I am done with this thread, it serves no positive purpose for us this year.

HighValueWarrior

@hiruleshouse I have never confused join dates with action, experience or ability.
What I can tell you is that if we were to compare cv's - your not in my league as far as legislative work.

Thanks to all who private messaged and set me straight.
Lesson learned about all the MO 'factions' and 'characters'.

Will let all the 'chiefs' here who want to 'type' or 'march' - do that. :arrow:
See you in Jeff City.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Again I'm sorry that you think having an open carry march after the legislation passes serves no positive purpose-odd since open carry requires carrying openly.

Sorry Grant, I have to try and get some stuff done so I can hit the road. No one has stated what you are blathering above and I believe you are missing the point.

Shutting your pie hole on on a public forum is recommended, like I told you in the PM, it was discussions of such a thing that created a lot of problems and if you would bother to research it instead of running off at the mouth you might begin to understand it, but i am not going to bet on that one either.

Peace, some of us have to go DO something.

SixGunCowboy

Re: Open Carry march on Route 66

I tend to agree with the others. Right now is just not the time for any bad press to be raised for Open Carry. And like some of the others have said to wait for the upcoming legislation to become law before the March takes place. And I agree, those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it. I think the March in this climate right now when things are so fragile in the Government is a bad idea. Meeting at public locations with peaceable display of firearms is one thing. Marching down a stretch of highway with guns is another. As with the Open Carry march in Washington, D.C. that is scheduled for July 4th of this year.. I have to say that the best news we can get right now is no news at all. With the current state of things going on right now, ANY bad press against us can only HURT our cause, not help it. The left is just waiting for something to go wrong so they can paste it all over the news to make Open carriers look bad. Right now, there are just too many things that can go horribly wrong with this.