Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Charlotte area meet & greet & range? 5/18/2013

  1. #1
    Regular Member Jamesm760's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salisbury, NC
    Posts
    430

    Charlotte area meet & greet & range? 5/18/2013

    When:
    May 18 2013
    3PM

    Where:
    Parkway House Family Restaurant
    3770 Concord Pkwy S, Concord, NC

    Also a couple of us are planning to go to the eagle shooting range after lunch. Anyone that is interested in joining us is welcomed to.

    Eagle Gun & Range
    3789 Roberta Church Rd, Concord, NC

    ---------------------------------------------
    Attending:
    Jamesm760 +1
    G22shooter +1
    Carolina guy
    Last edited by Jamesm760; 05-05-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

    μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran G22shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Concord, North Carolina
    Posts
    249

    Re: Charlotte area meet & greet & range? 5/18/2013

    Yes +1

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

  3. #3
    Regular Member carolina guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    When:
    May 18 2013
    3PM

    Where:
    Parkway House Family Restaurant
    3770 Concord Pkwy S, Concord, NC

    Also a couple of us are planning to go to the eagle shooting range after lunch. Anyone that is interested in joining us is welcomed to.

    Eagle Gun & Range
    3789 Roberta Church Rd, Concord, NC

    ---------------------------------------------
    Attending:
    Jamesm760 +1
    G22shooter +1
    Carolina guy
    Stopping by Eagle sounds like fun as well. Wife has said that I am not allowed to miss this one!
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Jamesm760's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salisbury, NC
    Posts
    430
    Guess its us 3 plus the company we might bring. See you guys tomorrow.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

    μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

  5. #5
    Regular Member carolina guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    Guess its us 3 plus the company we might bring. See you guys tomorrow.

    Cya there! Wife has already pre-kicked me outta the house tomorrow.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Jamesm760's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salisbury, NC
    Posts
    430
    Forgot... expect some traffic around the speedway. see you guys later today.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

    μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran G22shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Concord, North Carolina
    Posts
    249

    Re: Charlotte area meet & greet & range? 5/18/2013

    I won't be able to make it today. I will catch up with you guys in two weeks.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

  8. #8
    Regular Member carolina guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by G22shooter View Post
    I won't be able to make it today. I will catch up with you guys in two weeks.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Had a good time and thanks James for letting me shoot your Glock...that was a first for me! Gave me a chance to test the pistol I got my wife for Mother's Day.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Jamesm760's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salisbury, NC
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    Had a good time and thanks James for letting me shoot your Glock...that was a first for me! Gave me a chance to test the pistol I got my wife for Mother's Day.
    Yea.. I will say Keen and Cecilia missed out on a good meet, hope you guys make it to the next one.

    Best experience of the meet was firing Randy's brazilian hi-power.... all I can say is, WOW! First time ever shooting one and if I recall correctly, I hit every single round inside an 8" reactive target at 21feet. I will say, I am going to be on the look out for one that's decently priced. I loved the 92FS when I tried it at a range and thought that was an excellent 9mm... and I hope I'm not glorifying yours too much but... If you would sell yours, I would buy it. Your wife's kel-tec was great, and my TCP was fun to shoot as well. The range is a must for next meet!

    As for OC reactions, a nice old couple stopped me as we were leaving Parkway House, the gentleman was asking me what kind of firearms we had and what caliber. He then asked me if we were officers and I said we were citizens exercising our 2ndA right. Him and his wife were smiling through the entire encounter, so they weren't antis. I told them to enjoy their meals and to have a nice day.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

    μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

  10. #10
    Regular Member carolina guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    Yea.. I will say Keen and Cecilia missed out on a good meet, hope you guys make it to the next one.

    Best experience of the meet was firing Randy's brazilian hi-power.... all I can say is, WOW! First time ever shooting one and if I recall correctly, I hit every single round inside an 8" reactive target at 21feet. I will say, I am going to be on the look out for one that's decently priced. I loved the 92FS when I tried it at a range and thought that was an excellent 9mm... and I hope I'm not glorifying yours too much but... If you would sell yours, I would buy it. Your wife's kel-tec was great, and my TCP was fun to shoot as well. The range is a must for next meet!

    As for OC reactions, a nice old couple stopped me as we were leaving Parkway House, the gentleman was asking me what kind of firearms we had and what caliber. He then asked me if we were officers and I said we were citizens exercising our 2ndA right. Him and his wife were smiling through the entire encounter, so they weren't antis. I told them to enjoy their meals and to have a nice day.
    Be fair..you were shooting at 21 yards...

    I have seen a few similar tonight on gun broker, although the Browning models are a bit out of my price range.

    BTW: the burger and fries were good as well!
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Jamesm760's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salisbury, NC
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    Be fair..you were shooting at 21 yards...

    I have seen a few similar tonight on gun broker, although the Browning models are a bit out of my price range.

    BTW: the burger and fries were good as well!
    Yea I was looking on Gunbroker and found this one near raleigh http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=342740816

    I'm going to stop by a couple of local shops on my next day off and maybe hyatts might have one, I can just use the lay-away money towards one.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

    μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

  12. #12
    Regular Member carolina guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    Yea I was looking on Gunbroker and found this one near raleigh http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=342740816

    I'm going to stop by a couple of local shops on my next day off and maybe hyatts might have one, I can just use the lay-away money towards one.

    (*thumbs up*)
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •