• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte area meet & greet & range? 5/18/2013

Jamesm760

When:
May 18 2013
3PM

Where:
Parkway House Family Restaurant
3770 Concord Pkwy S, Concord, NC

Also a couple of us are planning to go to the eagle shooting range after lunch. Anyone that is interested in joining us is welcomed to. :)

Eagle Gun & Range
3789 Roberta Church Rd, Concord, NC

---------------------------------------------
Attending:
Jamesm760 +1
G22shooter +1
Carolina guy

Last edited:

carolina guy

When:
May 18 2013
3PM

Where:
Parkway House Family Restaurant
3770 Concord Pkwy S, Concord, NC

Also a couple of us are planning to go to the eagle shooting range after lunch. Anyone that is interested in joining us is welcomed to. :)

Eagle Gun & Range
3789 Roberta Church Rd, Concord, NC

---------------------------------------------
Attending:
Jamesm760 +1
G22shooter +1
Carolina guy

Stopping by Eagle sounds like fun as well. :) Wife has said that I am not allowed to miss this one! ;)

carolina guy

I won't be able to make it today. I will catch up with you guys in two weeks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Had a good time and thanks James for letting me shoot your Glock...that was a first for me! Gave me a chance to test the pistol I got my wife for Mother's Day. :)

Jamesm760

Had a good time and thanks James for letting me shoot your Glock...that was a first for me! Gave me a chance to test the pistol I got my wife for Mother's Day. :)

Yea.. I will say Keen and Cecilia missed out on a good meet, hope you guys make it to the next one.

Best experience of the meet was firing Randy's brazilian hi-power.... all I can say is, WOW! First time ever shooting one and if I recall correctly, I hit every single round inside an 8" reactive target at 21feet. I will say, I am going to be on the look out for one that's decently priced. I loved the 92FS when I tried it at a range and thought that was an excellent 9mm... and I hope I'm not glorifying yours too much but... If you would sell yours, I would buy it. Your wife's kel-tec was great, and my TCP was fun to shoot as well. The range is a must for next meet!

As for OC reactions, a nice old couple stopped me as we were leaving Parkway House, the gentleman was asking me what kind of firearms we had and what caliber. He then asked me if we were officers and I said we were citizens exercising our 2ndA right. Him and his wife were smiling through the entire encounter, so they weren't antis. I told them to enjoy their meals and to have a nice day.

carolina guy

Yea.. I will say Keen and Cecilia missed out on a good meet, hope you guys make it to the next one.

Best experience of the meet was firing Randy's brazilian hi-power.... all I can say is, WOW! First time ever shooting one and if I recall correctly, I hit every single round inside an 8" reactive target at 21feet. I will say, I am going to be on the look out for one that's decently priced. I loved the 92FS when I tried it at a range and thought that was an excellent 9mm... and I hope I'm not glorifying yours too much but... If you would sell yours, I would buy it. Your wife's kel-tec was great, and my TCP was fun to shoot as well. The range is a must for next meet!

As for OC reactions, a nice old couple stopped me as we were leaving Parkway House, the gentleman was asking me what kind of firearms we had and what caliber. He then asked me if we were officers and I said we were citizens exercising our 2ndA right. Him and his wife were smiling through the entire encounter, so they weren't antis. I told them to enjoy their meals and to have a nice day.

Be fair..you were shooting at 21 yards... :)

I have seen a few similar tonight on gun broker, although the Browning models are a bit out of my price range.

BTW: the burger and fries were good as well!

Jamesm760

Be fair..you were shooting at 21 yards... :)

I have seen a few similar tonight on gun broker, although the Browning models are a bit out of my price range.

BTW: the burger and fries were good as well!

Yea I was looking on Gunbroker and found this one near raleigh http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=342740816

I'm going to stop by a couple of local shops on my next day off and maybe hyatts might have one, I can just use the lay-away money towards one.