Thread: Pepper Spray?

Banned

Pepper Spray?

Do any of you carry pepper spray in addition to your firearm when OCing? I recently ordered some to start carrying. My concern is if some anti-gun yahoo starts getting pushy/upset/stupid about being offended by my pistol. The George Zimmerman(Travon) case is a good example of needing another option for use against an "unarmed" attacker.

OC spray is a good option carried it for decades on the job and still carry it when I go running and biking for dogs.
    I don't carry it normally every day I find that a pistol ,extra mag and a multi tool on my belt is plenty for me.

After carrying a full duty belt for over 30 years. I try not to carry more then I half to.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I never carry pepper spray when carrying a firearm. The last thing I want if the SHTF is for a prosecutor to attempt to make the argument I could have sprayed the aggressor. I do carry pepper spray and a knife for those places that a firearm is not allowed. If the pepper spray does not stop them, then they are at least slowed down enough to stop them with the cane or knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post

After carrying a full duty belt for over 30 years. I try not to carry more then I half to.
    You wouldn't like my carry belt them then. I carry two guns, 18 rounds of spare ammo for the SA revolver. A spare cylinder for the cap and ball BUG, and a Opinel N10 knife. I used to carry a fixed blade, but I did cut some weight with the Opinel, it only weighs 2 ounces. But back in the old days that old Motorola weighed more than both of my guns do now. And I no longer have to carry handcuffs, or a baton. I believe my cane is lighter than that micarta baton, or whatever it was made of.

BTW I love that Opinel, don't understand why I did not buy one years ago.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 05-06-2013 at 03:44 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Those old portable sure did add the weight. If I remember right my duty belt weighed right around 15lb with one on.

I prefer to go lighter these days.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do