Thread: We will not be intimidated...

We will not be intimidated...

Adam Kokesh to march on Washington....Open Carry

Mods and Owners:
    I ask that you allow this post to stay, even though it may fall outside of the LGOC rule. This has the potential to be historic news, and affects us all.
    Last edited by Tucker6900; 05-06-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

I would like to see OCDO keep their distance from this event - people are free to choose individually of course - but lets bear in mind that what this guy is advocating is completely illegal (Loaded OC in the District of Columbia) and it is against OCDO policy to advocate activity that is against the law. This has the potential to backfire very very badly. Officially I cannot condone what these people are doing, nor do I believe we are at a point where we have the numbers where an act of civil disobedience such as this would gain any significant traction.

I, for one, would consider them Patriots. If it wasn't for breaking laws we would still be under England's rule. Furthermore, unconstitutional laws, are not laws, but tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    I would like to see OCDO keep their distance from this event - people are free to choose individually of course - but lets bear in mind that what this guy is advocating is completely illegal (Loaded OC in the District of Columbia) and it is against OCDO policy to advocate activity that is against the law. This has the potential to backfire very very badly. Officially I cannot condone what these people are doing, nor do I believe we are at a point where we have the numbers where an act of civil disobedience such as this would gain any significant traction.
    you miss the point of this. by banning the right to keep and bare arms in any manner is unconstitutional, regardless of a law, this is why thy are doing it. yes it might be "illegal" but it is a right to us per the constitution.

i say DO IT!!!
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Quote Originally Posted by PFC HALE View Post
    you miss the point of this. by banning the right to keep and bare arms in any manner is unconstitutional, regardless of a law, this is why thy are doing it...
    "Bare" arms? LOL Ever heard of the right to BEAR arms?

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    It seems to me the OP is simply asking that the thread stand as an awarness. I don't think he's suggesting OCDO get behind this movement. We make each other aware of things all the time here but, that doesn't mean OCDO advocates it all.

I certainly wouldn't want to see OCDO advocate for this event, but I do hope the mods allow us to discuss it as it unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    You miss the point... it'll be summertime soon and he may have to wear a tank top so his arms are bare while he bears his arms.
    Last edited by georg jetson; 05-06-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    It seems to me the OP is simply asking that the thread stand as an awarness. I don't think he's suggesting OCDO get behind this movement. We make each other aware of things all the time here but, that doesn't mean OCDO advocates it all.

I certainly wouldn't want to see OCDO advocate for this event, but I do hope the mods allow us to discuss it as it unfolds.
    That is exactly the point of the post. However, the discussion of the matter, without crossing the LGOC line, is possible. As stated earlier, carry in DC is illegal, per unconstitutional state law, and that includes the carry of pistols.

I am eager to see the outcome of this. Updated articles show Mr. Kokesh is working with DC police to plan the event and make them aware of what is going to happen. This will definately be interesting.
    Last edited by Tucker6900; 05-06-2013 at 05:50 PM.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post

Don't know why one wouldn't hope that a 2nd amendment forum wouldn't advocate and congratulate those willing to stand up for our constitution and against a tyrannical government.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ADobbs1989 View Post
    I, for one, would consider them Patriots. If it wasn't for breaking laws we would still be under England's rule. Furthermore, unconstitutional laws, are not laws, but tyranny.
    Advocate and praise the advocacy of breaking the law all that you wish. You just should not do so here, as this is private property and the owners have expressed the absolute ban on such advocacy.

This thread should be taken down!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Advocate and praise the advocacy of breaking the law all that you wish. You just should not do so here, as this is private property and the owners have expressed the absolute ban on such advocacy.

This thread should be taken down!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>
    Easy there hoss. Noone but Mr. Kokesh and his group are publicly advocating anything. Dobbs simply stated a factual opinion on the matter at hand. And if calling someone a patriot for doing something that is patriotic is against the rules, so be it. Its not your decision to make. So, I suggest you quit derailing threads because you are offended by its content.

Don't know why one wouldn't hope that a 2nd amendment forum wouldn't advocate and congratulate those willing to stand up for our constitution and against a tyrannical government.
    I sturggle with that question quite a bit, but as it is their site, its their rules.

Now, unless this gets out of hand with "patriotic" talk, I request that the thread stay for informational amd discussion(within the rules) purposes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Easy there hoss. Noone but Mr. Kokesh and his group are publicly advocating anything. Dobbs simply stated a factual opinion on the matter at hand. And if calling someone a patriot for doing something that is patriotic is against the rules, so be it. Its not your decision to make. So, I suggest you quit derailing threads because you are offended by its content.
    Easy there, Little Joe. No one was "offended" by the thread. It is a clear rules violation on two counts. It is about LGOC, and it advocates, through advertising, breaking the law.

Easy there, Little Joe. No one was "offended" by the thread. It is a clear rules violation on two counts. It is about LGOC, and it advocates, through advertising, breaking the law.
    Can't be a law if it's in direct violation of the Constitution.

Banned
    Can't be a law if it's in direct violation of the Constitution.
    And the owners have stated on many occasions that they do not allow the advocacy of breaking unconstitutional laws. It is their site. They will make the ultimate call. However, if they are being consistent, they will shut this thread down.

And the owners have stated on many occasions that they do not allow the advocacy of breaking unconstitutional laws. It is their site. They will make the ultimate call. However, if they are being consistent, they will shut this thread down.
    Luckily there are people out there who support patriots and those who will stand against tyranny as our founders did so long ago. I guess it's just too bad the owners of this website aren't within that group.

Negative. The OP is not attempting to advocate for the carry of Long Guns. It is an observance of another organization's activism.

Further, I don't see the OP rallying OCDO members to follow suit. It is not illegal to monitor and discuss the public actions of others.

Hey, maybe this thread will stand cause the other one posted days earlier hasn't been messed with either.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ton-07-04-2013

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    my apologies mr grammatical nazi, i was half asleep when i typed it. thank you for the correction i will ensure not to make another that would hurt your feeling.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PFC HALE View Post
    my apologies mr grammatical nazi, i was half asleep when i typed it. thank you for the correction i will ensure not to make another that would hurt your feeling.
    He only has one feeling to hurt??? Sorry...couldn't resist.

lmao!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    There were already 2 threads on this very topic - now merged and moved to the General Discussion sub-forum = the only one remotely appropriate. The is no need for more than one thread to follow this event - therefore locking this one and any new ones.

Posting about someone else's intention to break the law or not follow forum rules is not sufficently different than advocating/promoting the same, especially in light of what has been seen here.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-07-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.