• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We will not be intimidated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmariner99

I would like to see OCDO keep their distance from this event - people are free to choose individually of course - but lets bear in mind that what this guy is advocating is completely illegal (Loaded OC in the District of Columbia) and it is against OCDO policy to advocate activity that is against the law. This has the potential to backfire very very badly. Officially I cannot condone what these people are doing, nor do I believe we are at a point where we have the numbers where an act of civil disobedience such as this would gain any significant traction.

ADobbs1989

I, for one, would consider them Patriots. If it wasn't for breaking laws we would still be under England's rule. Furthermore, unconstitutional laws, are not laws, but tyranny.

PFC HALE

I would like to see OCDO keep their distance from this event - people are free to choose individually of course - but lets bear in mind that what this guy is advocating is completely illegal (Loaded OC in the District of Columbia) and it is against OCDO policy to advocate activity that is against the law. This has the potential to backfire very very badly. Officially I cannot condone what these people are doing, nor do I believe we are at a point where we have the numbers where an act of civil disobedience such as this would gain any significant traction.

you miss the point of this. by banning the right to keep and bare arms in any manner is unconstitutional, regardless of a law, this is why thy are doing it. yes it might be "illegal" but it is a right to us per the constitution.

i say DO IT!!!

georg jetson

It seems to me the OP is simply asking that the thread stand as an awarness. I don't think he's suggesting OCDO get behind this movement. We make each other aware of things all the time here but, that doesn't mean OCDO advocates it all.

I certainly wouldn't want to see OCDO advocate for this event, but I do hope the mods allow us to discuss it as it unfolds.

Tucker6900

It seems to me the OP is simply asking that the thread stand as an awarness. I don't think he's suggesting OCDO get behind this movement. We make each other aware of things all the time here but, that doesn't mean OCDO advocates it all.

I certainly wouldn't want to see OCDO advocate for this event, but I do hope the mods allow us to discuss it as it unfolds.

That is exactly the point of the post. However, the discussion of the matter, without crossing the LGOC line, is possible. As stated earlier, carry in DC is illegal, per unconstitutional state law, and that includes the carry of pistols.

I am eager to see the outcome of this. Updated articles show Mr. Kokesh is working with DC police to plan the event and make them aware of what is going to happen. This will definately be interesting.

Last edited:

ADobbs1989

Don't know why one wouldn't hope that a 2nd amendment forum wouldn't advocate and congratulate those willing to stand up for our constitution and against a tyrannical government.

eye95

I, for one, would consider them Patriots. If it wasn't for breaking laws we would still be under England's rule. Furthermore, unconstitutional laws, are not laws, but tyranny.

Advocate and praise the advocacy of breaking the law all that you wish. You just should not do so here, as this is private property and the owners have expressed the absolute ban on such advocacy.

This thread should be taken down!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Tucker6900

Advocate and praise the advocacy of breaking the law all that you wish. You just should not do so here, as this is private property and the owners have expressed the absolute ban on such advocacy.

This thread should be taken down!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Easy there hoss. Noone but Mr. Kokesh and his group are publicly advocating anything. Dobbs simply stated a factual opinion on the matter at hand. And if calling someone a patriot for doing something that is patriotic is against the rules, so be it. Its not your decision to make. So, I suggest you quit derailing threads because you are offended by its content.

Tucker6900

Don't know why one wouldn't hope that a 2nd amendment forum wouldn't advocate and congratulate those willing to stand up for our constitution and against a tyrannical government.

I sturggle with that question quite a bit, but as it is their site, its their rules.

Now, unless this gets out of hand with "patriotic" talk, I request that the thread stay for informational amd discussion(within the rules) purposes.

eye95

Easy there hoss. Noone but Mr. Kokesh and his group are publicly advocating anything. Dobbs simply stated a factual opinion on the matter at hand. And if calling someone a patriot for doing something that is patriotic is against the rules, so be it. Its not your decision to make. So, I suggest you quit derailing threads because you are offended by its content.

Easy there, Little Joe. No one was "offended" by the thread. It is a clear rules violation on two counts. It is about LGOC, and it advocates, through advertising, breaking the law.

ADobbs1989

Easy there, Little Joe. No one was "offended" by the thread. It is a clear rules violation on two counts. It is about LGOC, and it advocates, through advertising, breaking the law.

Can't be a law if it's in direct violation of the Constitution.

eye95

Can't be a law if it's in direct violation of the Constitution.

And the owners have stated on many occasions that they do not allow the advocacy of breaking unconstitutional laws. It is their site. They will make the ultimate call. However, if they are being consistent, they will shut this thread down.

ADobbs1989

And the owners have stated on many occasions that they do not allow the advocacy of breaking unconstitutional laws. It is their site. They will make the ultimate call. However, if they are being consistent, they will shut this thread down.

Luckily there are people out there who support patriots and those who will stand against tyranny as our founders did so long ago. I guess it's just too bad the owners of this website aren't within that group.

georg jetson

Negative. The OP is not attempting to advocate for the carry of Long Guns. It is an observance of another organization's activism.

Further, I don't see the OP rallying OCDO members to follow suit. It is not illegal to monitor and discuss the public actions of others.

PFC HALE

"Bare" arms? LOL Ever heard of the right to BEAR arms?

my apologies mr grammatical nazi, i was half asleep when i typed it. thank you for the correction i will ensure not to make another that would hurt your feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.