Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Friendly LT Governor Candidate?

Question OC Friendly LT Governor Candidate?

Are any of the current batch of Republican LT Gov candidates particularly friendly to 2nd Amendment issues? And to be on topic, known and effective supporters of OC?

[First post, yes, but I've been lurking for at least four years. ]

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Yep...Lingamfelter.

Welcome to OCDO.

All of the candidates support the Second Amendment - you don't even need to ask them, for they tell you so.

That being said, look to their legislative record. Not just their votes, but what bills they introduced or how soon they cosponsored a bill.

Is it just me, or ever since Jefferson have we been chosing the shiniest ****?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Welcome to OCDO.

All of the candidates support the Second Amendment - you don't even need to ask them, for they tell you so.

That being said, look to their legislative record. Not just their votes, but what bills they introduced or how soon they cosponsored a bill.

Is it just me, or ever since Jefferson have we been chosing the shiniest ****?

stay safe.
    I almost gagged my coffee on that Skid

Yes, I forgot to welcome you to OCDO!
    and yes, to make it less diplomatic than Skid....there are really no truly pro gun legislators, just some that are less anti than others.

Lingamfelter is one of the less anti than others.

Just an example to make decision making harder (or easier)
    I recently went to a breakfast meeting with him, Peace and others. I left my gun in the car and Peace's Legislative assistant pulled my jacket up and said to Lingamfelter "Where's his gun ?".

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I recently went to a breakfast meeting with him, Peace and others. I left my gun in the car and Peace's Legislative assistant pulled my jacket up and said to Lingamfelter "Where's his gun ?".

You let him get away with that? Readjusting your clothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    You let him get away with that? Readjusting your clothing?
    No, I'd have fussed except she's a she

I made the less anti comment to her once and got a 20 minute lecture and a recitation of Peace's voting record

Just found this page:

Politics 1 - Online Guide to Virginia Elections, Candidates & Politics

"Supporting" the 2nd Amendment by word is one thing... from what I've seen we should ALL cross Jeannemarie Davis off the list.

Google [Jeannemarie Davis Bloomberg] and see what pops out.

TFred

Susan Stimpson is actively advocating for constitutional carry. She gets my vote at the convention.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Just found this page:

Politics 1 - Online Guide to Virginia Elections, Candidates & Politics

"Supporting" the 2nd Amendment by word is one thing... from what I've seen we should ALL cross Jeannemarie Davis off the list.

Google [Jeannemarie Davis Bloomberg] and see what pops out.

TFred
    Not before dinner I won't - I need to retain my caloric intake
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Susan Stimpson is actively advocating for constitutional carry. She gets my vote at the convention.
    That's interesting!
    I take it you're a delegate?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    I wish I could support Stimpson. Stafford is just across the river, so we're neighbors, so to speak.

At this time, I just can't bring myself to do it. I've been bugging Stafford for YEARS now to fix their air-gun ordinance, which remains out of compliance with the state code change of 2011, and I am positive that Mrs. Stimpson has been personally told about it on at least two occasions, and it STILL has not yet been fixed, nor is it on the next agenda of their BoS meeting.

If the chairman of the county Board of Supervisors can't even get her own county to fix a no-brainer BB gun law, I'm really hard pressed to believe a claim that she is willing to put it on the line for Constitutional carry.

TFred

I will be a delegate for EW Jackson and I just sent a email requesting a comment regarding his position on Constitutional Carry. Will report back when if I receive a response.

EW Jackson

EW Jackson spoke at a VCDL meeting a couple of months ago. Seems like he is very pro-2A just by his presence at the meeting and after speaking with him very briefly.

Of course, candidates can change their position after getting elected. I heard that has happened once (sarcasm).

Quote Originally Posted by Arma1911 View Post
    EW Jackson spoke at a VCDL meeting a couple of months ago. Seems like he is very pro-2A just by his presence at the meeting.....
    'Scuse me? Somebody shows up where there are potential votes and that's "very pro-2A"?

VCDL has members who have run for state office who are "very pro-2A" until it comes to being so when you enter their business. Even Tim Kaine supports the Second Amendment, but ....

I base my decisions on what they have drafted or when they became a cosponsor. Votes are pretty much meaningless - either they are part of the already-existing majority or they know their vote is merely symbolic.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I base my decisions on what they have drafted or when they became a cosponsor.
    Will you not vote for someone who has not previously held office then?

Kaine thinks the 2nd is about hunting, nothing else!

'Scuse me? Somebody shows up where there are potential votes and that's "very pro-2A"?

VCDL has members who have run for state office who are "very pro-2A" until it comes to being so when you enter their business. Even Tim Kaine supports the Second Amendment, but ....

I base my decisions on what they have drafted or when they became a cosponsor. Votes are pretty much meaningless - either they are part of the already-existing majority or they know their vote is merely symbolic.

stay safe.
    Little Timmy just loves the 2nd. He loved it so much as governor that he kept all the anti-gun people on speed dial and used the same list and anti-gun rants when he was running for the Senate.

I wonder just how those same Anti folks would feel if they knew he hired plain clothes security to conceal carry at his headquarters?
    Last edited by va_tazdad; 05-07-2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: fat fingered spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Arma1911 View Post
    EW Jackson spoke at a VCDL meeting a couple of months ago. Seems like he is very pro-2A just by his presence at the meeting and after speaking with him very briefly.

Of course, candidates can change their position after getting elected. I heard that has happened once (sarcasm).
    Lots of people speak at VCDL meetings and claim to be pro gun.

Last edited by peter nap; 05-07-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Thumbs up

Fyi

to: Xxxx <xxxx@gmail.com>

xxxx,

8<--- snip unrelated volunteer question --->8

As to the constitutional carry issue, you are absolutely correct.
    Concealed carry permits have nothing to do with safety and has everything
    to do with the government keeping tabs on who has handguns. E.W. Strongly
    believes in constitutional carry. Thanks!

For God and Country,
    Daniel

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by optiksguy View Post
    Fyi
    to: Xxxx <xxxx@gmail.com>

xxxx,

8<--- snip unrelated volunteer question --->8

As to the constitutional carry issue, you are absolutely correct.
    Concealed carry permits have nothing to do with safety and has everything
    to do with the government keeping tabs on who has handguns. E.W. Strongly
    believes in constitutional carry. Thanks!

For God and Country,
    Daniel
    For God, Country and Little Lizzie
    http://www.handgunrepairshop.com/Why...rry_a_gun.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Hear, hear
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

uggg

Quote Originally Posted by optiksguy View Post
    Fyi
    so the email is from a campaign worker and not the candidate, funny that I havent seen 1 email, 1 scanned letter or 1 FB responce from ANY candidate saying what they would do to ensure our liberties and rights when they are in office.. They constantly just say enough to keep themselves on our "interested" list and keep on going. I agree that they say what we want to hear until they get into office and then its another thing. Just take for example all the current Delegates (VA GA House) that say they support personal property rights but keep on denying us the right (hunt) to do what we want on a Sunday!

From the beginning I've thrown my support with both E.W. Jackson and Susan Stimpson. I wrote E.W. Jackson early this year and received a similar response about the 2nd amendment and constitutional carry as posted above. What I liked about writing Bishop Jackson's campaign was that at the time I wrote it didn't appear to be a form letter response common of most candidates.

I would be pleased with either candidate. But that's me personally, and everyone needs to conduct their own research and make their own decisions. I agree with checking voting records as well as pieces of legislation they have drafted and supported. Good luck with your decision!
    Last edited by Justine; 05-07-2013 at 02:03 PM.

yup.............

Quote Originally Posted by Justine View Post
    everyone needs to conduct their own research and make their own decisions. I agree with checking voting records as well as pieces of legislation they have drafted and supported. Good luck with your decision!
    too many people are being convention delegates just to cast their vote for a republican candidate based on a single particular cause be it guns, hunting, taxes, schools or jobs... the same thing happens when voting in federal legislators and residents to the white house... based on that, we just might have a democrat majority this election... and based on how many issues have fallen in this past general assembly, might not be a bad thing!

Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    too many people are being convention delegates just to cast their vote for a republican candidate based on a single particular cause be it guns, hunting, taxes, schools or jobs... the same thing happens when voting in federal legislators and residents to the white house... based on that, we just might have a democrat majority this election... and based on how many issues have fallen in this past general assembly, might not be a bad thing!
    TFred posted about this somewhere else. There's a lot going on in the world and in this state other than guns.

My take on it has always been that we needed a tattle tag. Something that would indicate what the candidate really felt. It's step 1 in screening the bad from the not so bad (someday we may even get good in there).

The 2nd is a good tag because it shows respect for our constitutional rights.,,,but it's only a starting place.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    TFred posted about this somewhere else. There's a lot going on in the world and in this state other than guns.

My take on it has always been that we needed a tattle tag. Something that would indicate what the candidate really felt. It's step 1 in screening the bad from the not so bad (someday we may even get good in there).

The 2nd is a good tag because it shows respect for our constitutional rights.,,,but it's only a starting place.
    Susan Stimpson has two issues/tags

Less Government - More Liberty
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast