• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Friendly LT Governor Candidate?

aisiguy

Are any of the current batch of Republican LT Gov candidates particularly friendly to 2nd Amendment issues? And to be on topic, known and effective supporters of OC?

[First post, yes, but I've been lurking for at least four years. :) ]

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO.

All of the candidates support the Second Amendment - you don't even need to ask them, for they tell you so.

That being said, look to their legislative record. Not just their votes, but what bills they introduced or how soon they cosponsored a bill.

Is it just me, or ever since Jefferson have we been chosing the shiniest ****?

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Welcome to OCDO.

All of the candidates support the Second Amendment - you don't even need to ask them, for they tell you so.

That being said, look to their legislative record. Not just their votes, but what bills they introduced or how soon they cosponsored a bill.

Is it just me, or ever since Jefferson have we been chosing the shiniest ****?

stay safe.

I almost gagged my coffee on that Skid:lol:

Yes, I forgot to welcome you to OCDO!
and yes, to make it less diplomatic than Skid....there are really no truly pro gun legislators, just some that are less anti than others.

Lingamfelter is one of the less anti than others.

Just an example to make decision making harder (or easier):uhoh:
I recently went to a breakfast meeting with him, Peace and others. I left my gun in the car and Peace's Legislative assistant pulled my jacket up and said to Lingamfelter "Where's his gun ?".

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I recently went to a breakfast meeting with him, Peace and others. I left my gun in the car and Peace's Legislative assistant pulled my jacket up and said to Lingamfelter "Where's his gun ?".

You let him get away with that? Readjusting your clothing?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
You let him get away with that? Readjusting your clothing?

No, I'd have fussed except she's a she:lol:

I made the less anti comment to her once and got a 20 minute lecture and a recitation of Peace's voting record:uhoh:

TFred

Susan Stimpson is actively advocating for constitutional carry. She gets my vote at the convention.
I wish I could support Stimpson. Stafford is just across the river, so we're neighbors, so to speak.

At this time, I just can't bring myself to do it. I've been bugging Stafford for YEARS now to fix their air-gun ordinance, which remains out of compliance with the state code change of 2011, and I am positive that Mrs. Stimpson has been personally told about it on at least two occasions, and it STILL has not yet been fixed, nor is it on the next agenda of their BoS meeting.

If the chairman of the county Board of Supervisors can't even get her own county to fix a no-brainer BB gun law, I'm really hard pressed to believe a claim that she is willing to put it on the line for Constitutional carry.

TFred

optiksguy

I will be a delegate for EW Jackson and I just sent a email requesting a comment regarding his position on Constitutional Carry. Will report back when if I receive a response.

Arma1911

EW Jackson

EW Jackson spoke at a VCDL meeting a couple of months ago. Seems like he is very pro-2A just by his presence at the meeting and after speaking with him very briefly.

Of course, candidates can change their position after getting elected. I heard that has happened once (sarcasm).

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
EW Jackson spoke at a VCDL meeting a couple of months ago. Seems like he is very pro-2A just by his presence at the meeting.....

'Scuse me? Somebody shows up where there are potential votes and that's "very pro-2A"?

VCDL has members who have run for state office who are "very pro-2A" until it comes to being so when you enter their business. Even Tim Kaine supports the Second Amendment, but ....

I base my decisions on what they have drafted or when they became a cosponsor. Votes are pretty much meaningless - either they are part of the already-existing majority or they know their vote is merely symbolic.

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Kaine thinks the 2nd is about hunting, nothing else!

'Scuse me? Somebody shows up where there are potential votes and that's "very pro-2A"?

VCDL has members who have run for state office who are "very pro-2A" until it comes to being so when you enter their business. Even Tim Kaine supports the Second Amendment, but ....

I base my decisions on what they have drafted or when they became a cosponsor. Votes are pretty much meaningless - either they are part of the already-existing majority or they know their vote is merely symbolic.

stay safe.

Little Timmy just loves the 2nd. He loved it so much as governor that he kept all the anti-gun people on speed dial and used the same list and anti-gun rants when he was running for the Senate.

I wonder just how those same Anti folks would feel if they knew he hired plain clothes security to conceal carry at his headquarters?

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
EW Jackson spoke at a VCDL meeting a couple of months ago. Seems like he is very pro-2A just by his presence at the meeting and after speaking with him very briefly.

Of course, candidates can change their position after getting elected. I heard that has happened once (sarcasm).

Lots of people speak at VCDL meetings and claim to be pro gun.

morr.jpg

Last edited:

optiksguy

Fyi

to: Xxxx <xxxx@gmail.com>

xxxx,

8<--- snip unrelated volunteer question --->8

As to the constitutional carry issue, you are absolutely correct.
Concealed carry permits have nothing to do with safety and has everything
to do with the government keeping tabs on who has handguns. E.W. Strongly
believes in constitutional carry. Thanks!

For God and Country,
Daniel

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
to: Xxxx <xxxx@gmail.com>

xxxx,

8<--- snip unrelated volunteer question --->8

As to the constitutional carry issue, you are absolutely correct.
Concealed carry permits have nothing to do with safety and has everything
to do with the government keeping tabs on who has handguns. E.W. Strongly
believes in constitutional carry. Thanks!

For God and Country,
Daniel
For God, Country and Little Lizzie
icon14.png

http://www.handgunrepairshop.com/Why_do_you_carry_a_gun.html