• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Friendly LT Governor Candidate?

AJG

uggg

so the email is from a campaign worker and not the candidate, funny that I havent seen 1 email, 1 scanned letter or 1 FB responce from ANY candidate saying what they would do to ensure our liberties and rights when they are in office.. They constantly just say enough to keep themselves on our "interested" list and keep on going. I agree that they say what we want to hear until they get into office and then its another thing. Just take for example all the current Delegates (VA GA House) that say they support personal property rights but keep on denying us the right (hunt) to do what we want on a Sunday!

Justine

From the beginning I've thrown my support with both E.W. Jackson and Susan Stimpson. I wrote E.W. Jackson early this year and received a similar response about the 2nd amendment and constitutional carry as posted above. What I liked about writing Bishop Jackson's campaign was that at the time I wrote it didn't appear to be a form letter response common of most candidates.

I would be pleased with either candidate. But that's me personally, and everyone needs to conduct their own research and make their own decisions. I agree with checking voting records as well as pieces of legislation they have drafted and supported. Good luck with your decision! :lol:

Last edited:

AJG

yup.............

everyone needs to conduct their own research and make their own decisions. I agree with checking voting records as well as pieces of legislation they have drafted and supported. Good luck with your decision! :lol:

too many people are being convention delegates just to cast their vote for a republican candidate based on a single particular cause be it guns, hunting, taxes, schools or jobs... the same thing happens when voting in federal legislators and residents to the white house... based on that, we just might have a democrat majority this election... and based on how many issues have fallen in this past general assembly, might not be a bad thing!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
too many people are being convention delegates just to cast their vote for a republican candidate based on a single particular cause be it guns, hunting, taxes, schools or jobs... the same thing happens when voting in federal legislators and residents to the white house... based on that, we just might have a democrat majority this election... and based on how many issues have fallen in this past general assembly, might not be a bad thing!

TFred posted about this somewhere else. There's a lot going on in the world and in this state other than guns.

My take on it has always been that we needed a tattle tag. Something that would indicate what the candidate really felt. It's step 1 in screening the bad from the not so bad (someday we may even get good in there).

The 2nd is a good tag because it shows respect for our constitutional rights.,,,but it's only a starting place.

Thundar

TFred posted about this somewhere else. There's a lot going on in the world and in this state other than guns.

My take on it has always been that we needed a tattle tag. Something that would indicate what the candidate really felt. It's step 1 in screening the bad from the not so bad (someday we may even get good in there).

The 2nd is a good tag because it shows respect for our constitutional rights.,,,but it's only a starting place.

Susan Stimpson has two issues/tags

Less Government - More Liberty

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Will you not vote for someone who has not previously held office then?

In that case I'll look at what they have done outside an office. Such as the VCDL member who does not allow OC in his store - it's what killed his chance for my vote in spite of everything else he might have done/been involved in.

stay safe.

Defrock

Susan Stimpson is actively advocating for constitutional carry. She gets my vote at the convention.

I stood face to face with her at Chik-Fil-A while OC'ing. Alas, I neglected to get my delegate papers filed on time this year. Oh well, I want to go turkey hunting on 18th anyway.

CavTrooperCason

Susan B Stimpson

She has my support, having had the chance to meet and have dinner with her yesterday; Her Pro second amendment stance is impressive and she fully supports constitutional Carry.

optiksguy

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

TFred

For those who like to look at track records, does the fact that Stimpson's Stafford County still has an airgun ban on the books bother you at all?

See Spread Sheet - Count/City Ordinances - Stop & ID, CHP Reqs, Airguns, & Park Bans.
I will admit that it bothers me a LOT. Especially since I have engaged the County Attorney twice, and sent Mrs. Stimpson a thoroughly documented request (citing the invalid ordinances, the new law, and the complying explanation and ordinance enacted by the "more liberal" next-door city of Fredericksburg) by snail mail to her office, asking her to have it fixed, and I have heard nothing but crickets.

TFred

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It needs explaining but even if she comes up with a good reason....you still have to ask if you want to support someone who can't win the election?

I will admit that it bothers me a LOT. Especially since I have engaged the County Attorney twice, and sent Mrs. Stimpson a thoroughly documented request (citing the invalid ordinances, the new law, and the complying explanation and ordinance enacted by the "more liberal" next-door city of Fredericksburg) by snail mail to her office, asking her to have it fixed, and I have heard nothing but crickets.

TFred

IMHO - these two things come up to less than a hanging chad.

TFred

Perhaps, but:

Luke 16:10
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

Anyone who can be trusted in little matters can also be trusted in important matters. But anyone who is dishonest in little matters will be dishonest in important matters.

She hasn't been "dishonest", but she certainly hasn't put ANY priority on keeping her own county in compliance with state code that protects the rights of gun owners. How can this not be a giant red flag?

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Perhaps, but:
Luke 16:10
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

Anyone who can be trusted in little matters can also be trusted in important matters. But anyone who is dishonest in little matters will be dishonest in important matters.

She hasn't been "dishonest", but she certainly hasn't put ANY priority on keeping her own county in compliance with state code that protects the rights of gun owners. How can this not be a giant red flag?

TFred

I can see how my reply might have easily been misunderstood. Intended that if that voting line/candidate is ignored, then there is no danger of their receiving even accidental votes.

Past performance in office or lack thereof is great predictor of what to expect on the next go-round.

Last edited:

Thundar

VCDL-PAC today endorsed Scott Lingamfelter for Lt. Gov and Mark Obenshain for AG.

Linghamfelter is a statist hack who didn't even lift a finger for constitutional carry but sops up every P4P breadcrumb that VCDL asks for. No surprise at all that the Virginia P4P League endorsed this political fur ball.

Neither Attorney General candidate seems too far from my principles. Mark Obenshain is an attorney general that I could live with, but I will listen to what is said at the convention before I make my choice for attorney general.

Brian Reynolds

Linghamfelter is a statist hack who didn't even lift a finger for constitutional carry but sops up every P4P breadcrumb that VCDL asks for. No surprise at all that the Virginia P4P League endorsed this political fur ball.

Neither Attorney General candidate seems too far from my principles. Mark Obenshain is an attorney general that I could live with, but I will listen to what is said at the convention before I make my choice for attorney general.

Linghamfelter is certainly a good second choice in the event that your candidate is knocked out in the first round of voting. Which is an important point if going to Richmond on Saturday--it will take several rounds of voting for someone to get 50%. + 1. That said, on guns, I don't believe its fair to label him a hack, even on SB1378 he voted nay when 90%, even known pro gun folks like Black and Bell voted to pass it. Also, here in Virginia, Constitutional Carry will eventually occur, but will be a long process for too many reasons than I care to explain. In short, its the ultimate goal.

Stimpson is likely the best first choice. Remember that this is just the primary, once the ticket becomes Cuccinelli, an Lt and AG, then there is a dynamic where the GOP has great difficulty on a Statewide platform. Stimpson may bring balance needed to sway enough voters boosting all three seats. EW could actually do the same although I don't believe he is electable.

Ultimately, none of these seats are a lock for the GOP--McDonnell gave a royal blow to the GOPs base with tax legislation where the typical low turn out may be even lower with folks too frustrated to even vote; Herring is popular with the liberals and Kaine, the darling of their party will be pushing his extremely large base for anyone with a D beside their name.