Thread: Can we be required to register?

Banned

Can we be required to register?

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_ca...en&as_sdt=2003

Haynes v. United States, 390 US 85 - Supreme Court 1968

Suggests not .... but I think this would only apply to felons?
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 05-06-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://scholar.google.com/scholar_ca...en&as_sdt=2003

Haynes v. United States, 390 US 85 - Supreme Court 1968

Suggests not .... but I think this would only apply to felons?
    Well, I would argue that since an unconstitutional statute confers no authority on anyone as it is null and void, and since we all know clearly without the need for any black-robed, State-employed, corrupt-politician-appointed martinet to tell us so, that what just passed is not constitutional, no; we cannot be compelled to register.
    D. T. Doutel

What is to the lawyer or cop a "material misrepresentation of the facts", and to the politician "misspeaking" is, in common parlance, a bald-faced lie. And don't let anyone tell you different!

Visit Connecticut Carry and LiarCop.com for the latest news regarding Norwalk v. Doutel and Doutel v. Norwalk.

Banned
    Well I recently filed a foia request asking for things like this:

Records relating to any assault weapons as defined by PA13-3, relevant section of the act attached to this request as Attachment 1 (several pages), that relate to assault weapons, as defined by PA 13-3, that a regular citizen would need to register with the state, per PA 13-3, by the end of this year, that the DESPP possesses.

DESPP comes back and says this would create a safety risk for them ....

The capitol police (via OLM) said same thing with a similar request ...

So its a 2-way street .... us giving them our information would create a safety risk for us

Therefore, the registration requirement IS an infringement on our 2nd amendment rights (should we have to risk death just to keep and bear arms??? uh, no).

I issued my own declaration to DESPP and told them that I cannot tell them yes or no about items listed in PA13-3 because it would create a safety risk for me (and then copied them several DESPP findings to that affect and the recent OLM finding of the disclosure of this information being a safety risk...