• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can we be required to register?

DDoutel

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_c...+United+States,+390+U.S.+85&hl=en&as_sdt=2003

Haynes v. United States, 390 US 85 - Supreme Court 1968

Suggests not .... but I think this would only apply to felons?

Well, I would argue that since an unconstitutional statute confers no authority on anyone as it is null and void, and since we all know clearly without the need for any black-robed, State-employed, corrupt-politician-appointed martinet to tell us so, that what just passed is not constitutional, no; we cannot be compelled to register.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well I recently filed a foia request asking for things like this:

Records relating to any assault weapons as defined by PA13-3, relevant section of the act attached to this request as Attachment 1 (several pages), that relate to assault weapons, as defined by PA 13-3, that a regular citizen would need to register with the state, per PA 13-3, by the end of this year, that the DESPP possesses.

DESPP comes back and says this would create a safety risk for them ....

The capitol police (via OLM) said same thing with a similar request ...

So its a 2-way street .... us giving them our information would create a safety risk for us

Therefore, the registration requirement IS an infringement on our 2nd amendment rights (should we have to risk death just to keep and bear arms??? uh, no).

I issued my own declaration to DESPP and told them that I cannot tell them yes or no about items listed in PA13-3 because it would create a safety risk for me (and then copied them several DESPP findings to that affect and the recent OLM finding of the disclosure of this information being a safety risk...