Thread: Obama Serves 14-State Governors with Warnings of Arrest for exercising their 2A

Obama Serves 14-State Governors with Warnings of Arrest for exercising their 2A

http://www.examiner.com/article/obam...ront-page-news

AND NOW! i go to sleep... ZZzzzzzzzzz

WARNING: THIS IS FAKE! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK OF WASTING TIME.
    Last edited by Jamesm760; 05-07-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Banned
    The article starts off stating that the story might be bogus! What kind of reporting is that??? Moreover, the word is highlighted as a link which takes you to a search of something completely different. This examiner is either a complete boob or is intentionally being unprofessional.

We have several members here who are examiners. I suggest that they explore any unprofessionalism in this article and take corrective action against the author for any that they find. If not, they risk all the examiners' credibility.

I stopped reading the article after clicking the link. If I hear of this from a more credible source (examiner.com is usually highly reliable), I will take it seriously. Otherwise, IMO, this is total Bravo Sierra (that knocks down examiner.com credibility a notch).

Last edited by Nightmare; 05-07-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Real or not, I at least learned of the state defense forces. I had no clue of their existence. I am kinda shocked by some of the states that actively have them though: California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Illinois!!

Banned
    Oh, and this article is from May of 2010.

Thanks, OP, for wasting my time. Posting this kind of drivel does not earn any respect around here.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    What bothers me is how the government makes exercising free speech and disclosing government action is considered a crime by said government.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Oh, and this article is from May of 2010.

Thanks, OP, for wasting my time. Posting this kind of drivel does not earn any respect around here.
    yea my bad... I was half asleep and coming out of my shift, should have looked more into it.

Sorry for wasting a couple minutes of your invaluable time though. I will now commit Seppuku!

bogus or not, I found it an interesting read.

Banned
    Oh, well, then, if bogus is an interesting read, let me tell you about the time that Obama, Himself, came to my house and took my guns. I can make it real interesting. I won't worry about the truth, but I'll make it damned interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Oh, well, then, if bogus is an interesting read, let me tell you about the time that Obama, Himself, came to my house and took my guns. I can make it real interesting. I won't worry about the truth, but I'll make it damned interesting!
    Can we have some tea and cookies while you tell the story?

Again, my bad. I was half asleep ZZzzzz. I am awake now. Wont happen again!

I don't see how it could be true anyway considering the majority of states have had SDFs for some time.

Washington has had one for 150 years. Alaska has one, that's supposedly armed. California has one, as does Texas..... this isn't a new concept, it's just been allowed to languish because now the Feds will pay for most of the National Guard....... so the remaining SDFs are usually volunteers who recieve no pay and are rarely under arms.

My Great Grandfather was in the Washington Guard after returning from WW2, at the time the WA guard was armed..... my G-Grandfather had been a Staff Sergeant in Italy.... and once he joined the WSG they gave him Captains bars... so he became an officer
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

A Constitutional Law Lesson ... from Jonathan Adler, JD, Professor of Law, CWRU

On Monday, the Texas House of Representatives passed a bill that would bar state officials from enforcing any new federal gun laws.
    I’ve got some news ... States, in fact, can “pick and choose which federal laws” state officials will enforce, and state refusals to enforce federal law would most definitely “withstand a legal challenge.” In fact, they already have. See, e.g. Printz v. United States in which the Supreme Court held that state officials could refuse to implement a federal background check requirement for the purchase of new firearms. Under Printz and New York v. United States it is well established that the federal government cannot force state officials to implement federal laws.

Whether or not this specific bill is a good idea, this is not a “nullification” bill. It would not prevent federal officials from enforcing federal law within the state of Texas. As described by Benen’s source, it is simply a bill that says state officials will not enforce certain federal laws — and that is something states have every right to do.
    http://www.volokh.com/2013/05/07/a-c...r-steve-benen/

The feds will "sue" the states that do not enforce federal gun laws, and also "sue" states that do enforce federal immigration laws.

Ironic.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The feds will "sue" the states that do not enforce federal gun laws, and also "sue" states that do enforce federal immigration laws.

Ironic.
    Federal law -(for the Feds, anyway) seem to be set up like a menu in a Chinese restaurant. Choose two laws that you like to enforce from column "A", and one from column "B" which will be unenforced. I brought up this exact same irony in a different thread a month or so back. It's imperceptible to me how the Feds believe they can pick and choose which Fed laws the states will or will not enforce. A "law" is a "law"! (What's even worse, is that our lame-ass Congress, and our crippled SCOTUS, allows this corrupt Administration [via the DOJ] to get away with it!) Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 05-09-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!