• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama Serves 14-State Governors with Warnings of Arrest for exercising their 2A

eye95

The article starts off stating that the story might be bogus! What kind of reporting is that??? Moreover, the word is highlighted as a link which takes you to a search of something completely different. This examiner is either a complete boob or is intentionally being unprofessional.

We have several members here who are examiners. I suggest that they explore any unprofessionalism in this article and take corrective action against the author for any that they find. If not, they risk all the examiners' credibility.

I stopped reading the article after clicking the link. If I hear of this from a more credible source (examiner.com is usually highly reliable), I will take it seriously. Otherwise, IMO, this is total Bravo Sierra (that knocks down examiner.com credibility a notch).

trailblazer2003

Real or not, I at least learned of the state defense forces. I had no clue of their existence. I am kinda shocked by some of the states that actively have them though: California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Illinois!!

eye95

Oh, and this article is from May of 2010.

Thanks, OP, for wasting my time. Posting this kind of drivel does not earn any respect around here.

Jamesm760

Oh, and this article is from May of 2010.

Thanks, OP, for wasting my time. Posting this kind of drivel does not earn any respect around here.

yea my bad... I was half asleep and coming out of my shift, should have looked more into it. :lol:

Sorry for wasting a couple minutes of your invaluable time though. I will now commit Seppuku!

bogus or not, I found it an interesting read. :lol:

eye95

Oh, well, then, if bogus is an interesting read, let me tell you about the time that Obama, Himself, came to my house and took my guns. I can make it real interesting. I won't worry about the truth, but I'll make it damned interesting! :rolleyes:

Jamesm760

Oh, well, then, if bogus is an interesting read, let me tell you about the time that Obama, Himself, came to my house and took my guns. I can make it real interesting. I won't worry about the truth, but I'll make it damned interesting! :rolleyes:

Can we have some tea and cookies while you tell the story? :rolleyes:

Again, my bad. I was half asleep ZZzzzz. I am awake now. Wont happen again! ;)

EMNofSeattle

I don't see how it could be true anyway considering the majority of states have had SDFs for some time.

Washington has had one for 150 years. Alaska has one, that's supposedly armed. California has one, as does Texas..... this isn't a new concept, it's just been allowed to languish because now the Feds will pay for most of the National Guard....... so the remaining SDFs are usually volunteers who recieve no pay and are rarely under arms.

My Great Grandfather was in the Washington Guard after returning from WW2, at the time the WA guard was armed..... my G-Grandfather had been a Staff Sergeant in Italy.... and once he joined the WSG they gave him Captains bars... so he became an officer :)

joanie

Obama gave me a phone, and he's gonna do more! lol... I'm still waiting for that shotgun from Biden, but I'm not gonna do what he says to do with it.

I see news stories all the time, at least a few a day, hear about things. Some I believe, others I allow for the possibility of, I uasally never allow that something is not true unless I was actually there and can say for certain. I've seen things get twisted, and am well aware of how even a true story passed across enough people can come out on the other end totally wrong. Even much of what I post, I won't swear to it, just saying "here it is, make of it what you will"

OC for ME

The feds will "sue" the states that do not enforce federal gun laws, and also "sue" states that do enforce federal immigration laws.

Ironic.

Gil223

The feds will "sue" the states that do not enforce federal gun laws, and also "sue" states that do enforce federal immigration laws.

Ironic.
Federal law -(for the Feds, anyway) seem to be set up like a menu in a Chinese restaurant. Choose two laws that you like to enforce from column "A", and one from column "B" which will be unenforced. I brought up this exact same irony in a different thread a month or so back. It's imperceptible to me how the Feds believe they can pick and choose which Fed laws the states will or will not enforce. A "law" is a "law"! (What's even worse, is that our lame-ass Congress, and our crippled SCOTUS, allows this corrupt Administration [via the DOJ] to get away with it!) Pax...

Last edited: