• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DESPP Backlog of 60,000+ for BR checks ? That's what they imply

davidmcbeth

Banned

davidmcbeth

Banned
any word on WHAT form of background check is backlogged? whether it be national checks or state checks?

I followed up with them today & they state that the only issue that they have is the time needed for filing records ...

They only do a NICS check on purchases ... a more through check on a pistol permit.

Its retarded of course.....if a simple NICS chk is good enough to acquire a gun, it should be good enough to carry.

oldsmo2

maybe they should stay late and do their jobs

Maybe they should stay late and do the job they get paid 6 figures a year to do, like us in the private sector can't leave until the job is done.