Thread: Moms Demand....open carry opportunity on Mother's Day

Moms Demand....open carry opportunity on Mother's Day

If you're in the area....http://www.mi-reporter.com/community/206448451.html

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense’ to hold events on Sunday

By REPORTER STAFF
    Mercer Island Reporter Staff
    MAY 7, 2013 UPDATED 10:33 AM

A group of Mercer Island women who are part of the national group “Mom’s Demand Action for Gun Sense in America,” will take part in two events on Mother’s Day to urge action on expanded gun control efforts. The group will be at the corner of S.E. 40th and Island Crest Way around noon on Sunday.
    The group will also join a larger rally in Seattle at the Cal Anderson Park in the afternoon. The Island group is also a member of the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility (WAGR) and will assist in signature gathering for the upcoming Washington state background check initiative.
    For information or to join, go to: www.momsdemandaction.org.
    Contact Mercer Island Reporter Staff Reporter Staff at editor@mi-reporter.com.
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 05-07-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    Live Free or Die!

Lets see, one side of my sign could say, "Sandy Hook, One mother didn't lock up her guns." and then on the other side I could put a picture of women standing behind a bobwire fence in one of the German concetration camps, with a sentence across the top, "Mothers Day 1941", and another sentence on the bottom saying," We wanted our assualt weapons."

The jewish womens league might get upset at me though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	women in camp.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	10375  
    Last edited by jsanchez; 05-08-2013 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    Lets see, one side of my sign could say, "Sandy Hook, One mother didn't lock up her guns." and then on the other side I could put a picture of women standing behind a bobwire fence in one of the German concetration camps, with a sentence across the top, "Mothers Day 1941", and another sentence on the bottom saying," We wanted our assualt weapons."

Sign should read "Mothers day 1941...They took our gun away"

Maybe. But the JPFO wouldn't.

http://jpfo.org/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Maybe. But the JPFO wouldn't.

http://jpfo.org/
    I wonder why they have not filed 10 zillion lawsuits already? hummmm

MOMS DEMAND, is a very hypercritical group. i have been trying to engage them for months now. they will not even answer my emails. they just don't want debate. i wrote them once and told them if they had a good argument they wouldn't be afraid
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

There was an 'Mom's Demand Action' event going on in Missoula, MT that I tried to convince the wife to go to with our kid in the stroller (OC of course). Ended up only a like 20 people showed for the event.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 05-08-2013 at 06:18 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

So is anyone going to this?

I can't seem to find when it starts.

I know its at Cal Anderson Park on top of capitol hill.

I thought I might go after church, just to give some people heart attacks.

Maybe I'll take video's of people haveing Kanipson's.

I thought I might go after church, just to give some people heart attacks.
    Seriously? Sounds like an intent to intimidate to me...

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Seriously? Sounds like an intent to intimidate to me...
    2. Unlawful carrying (RCW 9.41.270) occurs when the person carries or displays a weapon “in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.” This is something more than just walking around with an exposed firearm. If there is a dispute, for example, and one person, while angry, displays the weapon to scare the other person.

I'm just going to listen to what they have to say, just like when I went to the huge rally they had at Westlake and the march to Seattle Center. I saw a couple of people who had shocked reactions and one lady had such a kanipson she was badgering me for about 5 minutes, "Your disgusting for being here" and a bunch of other stuff. Then when she regained control we had a conversation. It was hard for her to understand the other side and she didn't accept it, but it did give the other side and she understood what my intentions were to listen and point out inconsistences in the other sides arguments.

In my above statement, I was merely pointing out that when you go to these things people, that it is posible that people are going to have heart attacks and kanipsions and you as a respoinsible Open Carrier should be ready to handle that in a civilized manner with the upmost calm and patientence, thats all I was trying to say.

Who knows I may not have time to go, if I don't get my honey do list done first.
    Last edited by jsanchez; 05-12-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    MOMS DEMAND, is a very hypercritical group. i have been trying to engage them for months now. they will not even answer my emails. they just don't want debate. i wrote them once and told them if they had a good argument they wouldn't be afraid
    They are another idiot organization -- why bother even trying to contact them -- they are likely all just sitting around drinking wine with their cell phones pre-dialed with 9-1 just waiting ...

So I went to the event. I concealed carry and stood back and talk to one of the men that was there. There were two news agencies there when I got there. They completed their interviews and then left. The event started at 2pm and no one came.

After 5 minutes talking to this husband of one of the friends, I decided to approach the talble and talk to the ladies. We talked for about 15 minutes about the hole spectrum of gun politics. There was alot they didn't know. About 5 minutes before I left I told them who I was and who I was with. They were super nice about it, they reachout to everyone, they just don't want to see kid hurt by guns, and work to solve gun violence problems. I gave them alot of food for thought.

I left without open carrying because the media was standing around looking so sad they didn't have a story, and I wasn't going to give them any controversy to make us look bad.

The amount of people that should up for this was so small, I took there group picture for them with their camera.

All in all very nice woman, smart, open, and freindly. Just no one showed up for their event.

So I went to the event. I concealed carry and stood back and talk to one of the men that was there. There were two news agencies there when I got there. They completed their interviews and then left. The event started at 2pm and no one came.

After 5 minutes talking to this husband of one of the friends, I decided to approach the table and talk to the ladies. We talked for about 15 minutes about the hole spectrum of gun politics. There was a lot they didn't know. About 5 minutes before I left I told them who I was and who I was with. They were super nice about it, they reach-out to everyone, they just don't want to see kid hurt by guns, and work to solve gun violence problems. I gave them a lot of food for thought.

I left without open carrying because the media was standing around looking so sad they didn't have a story, and I wasn't going to give them any controversy to make us look bad.

The amount of people that should up for this was so small, I took there group picture for them with their camera.

All in all very nice woman, smart, open, and friendly. Just no one showed up for their event.
    What do you remember from the conversation? Like;
    What false information were they promoting, if any?
    Why do they take the anti-liberty stance? Etc.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Corner

I live on the Island and just happened to drive by the corner of Island Crest way and 40 St....just saw a couple of families standing on the corner with poorly constructed signs... My 3yr old asked what they were doing and I explained that they were protesting against guns rights... His response was, "Thats stupid!".... It is a bit sad when an organized protest only brings a dozen or so people out... I did not have time to go over and shake things up, but wished I had known earlier this event was happening...
    D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    What do you remember from the conversation? Like;
    What false information were they promoting, if any?
    Why do they take the anti-liberty stance? Etc.
    They were not pushing any false information that I heard or saw.

They had a table with t-shirts, pins and water bottles, and they wanted me to get on there email list, which I declined, which might had been a mistake, because they could proably use some more good brain storming on how to solve the gun violence problem in america. There was alot they hadn't considered, and it would be nice to inform them.

Lets focus on the problem, young men with poor impulse control, people with low anger mangement skills, and depressed people with asseceablity to guns.

They asked questions about conceal carry and domestic violence.

All the anti groups have pulled together into one group called Washington alliance for gun responsibilty, and here is a flier they were handing out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gun flier.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	10404  

Banned
    They were not pushing any false information that I heard or saw.

They had a table with t-shirts, pins and water bottles, and they wanted me to get on there email list, which I declined, which might had been a mistake, because they could proably use some more good brain storming on how to solve the gun violence problem in america. There was alot they hadn't considered, and it would be nice to inform them.

Lets focus on the problem, young men with poor impulse control, people with low anger mangement skills, and depressed people with asseceablity to guns.

They asked questions about conceal carry and domestic violence.

All the anti groups have pulled together into one group called Washington alliance for gun responsibilty, and here is a flier they were handing out.
    I would disagree that they have not been providing false information .. if the flier is similar information

How about they fight teenage texting, which has surpassed teen drunk driving deaths. 3,000 teens die per year texting.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    How about they fight teenage texting, which has surpassed teen drunk driving deaths. 3,000 teens die per year texting.
    Yet parents are worse.....http://mashable.com/2013/03/28/texting-while-driving/...how they going to keep in touch with the other ignorant moms?.......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I saw the piece on Q13 last night. They had a shot of their table with two ladies standing there. They had shot of a family walking through the park, with no tie in to the "demonstration" at all. They had a 20-second interview with the organizer, who I will give credit for using the phrase "magazine with more than 10 rounds of ammunition". I assumed from the lack of wide shots that very few folks attended. Thanks for confirming.

I found it ironic that they held this thing at Cal Anderson Park, when the story before this one was about police investigating a stabbing later that evening at...

wait for it...

Cal Anderson Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Edmonds View Post
    I saw the piece on Q13 last night. They had a shot of their table with two ladies standing there. They had shot of a family walking through the park, with no tie in to the "demonstration" at all. They had a 20-second interview with the organizer, who I will give credit for using the phrase "magazine with more than 10 rounds of ammunition". I assumed from the lack of wide shots that very few folks attended. Thanks for confirming.

I found it ironic that they held this thing at Cal Anderson Park, when the story before this one was about police investigating a stabbing later that evening at...

wait for it...

Cal Anderson Park.
    Name:  ROFLMAO.gif
Views: 137
Size:  11.1 KB
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

Banned
    I think that they had some "success" in New Orleans .... oooops, that did not turn out well

So I went to the event.
    Check the Facebook page for Moms Demand Action/Seattle. There is a picture there of a man in a black jacket talking to the ladies at the table. Is that you?

They make out there that it was an overwhelming success.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Edmonds View Post
    There is a picture there of a man in a black jacket talking to the ladies at the table. Is that you?
    Yes that's him.

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Yes that's him.
    Love the "sammich" comment.