Thread: Amazon.com funds gun "buy backs."

Amazon.com funds gun "buy backs."

Private sponsors including Amazon.com contributed tens of thousands of dollars so that people could anonymously turn in their weapons for shopping cards worth up to $200. http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...guns_into.html

Banned
    I wonder how to react to this.

If my city did it, I'd be opposed to the foolish waste of tax dollars that they take from me.

If another city does it, I laugh at their foolishness and consider being nearby to see if I can benefit from the fallout.

If a private company supports such governmental idiocy, are they being anti-gun, or just stupid? Surely their "generosity" won't come off the actual bottom-line. This cost will be factored into cost analyses and will simply be passed along as modest price increases. I guess that I should object to that. However, if they still have the best price on an item that I need, I will purchase it from them, even if that best price could have been a tad better.

For the moment, I am going with Amazon being stupid and not anti-gun. However, they have made the watch-list.

I don't think they are anti-gun as they have a sizable selection of parts for firearms, I just bought a hand-guard for my AR from there. I do think they are being a little foolish, wasting money like that for no result other than to be able to say "look at what we did to reduce violence" without actually doing anything to reduce said violence. Kn owing this I'm not sure how much more I'll purchase from there and may have to send them some info about why those programs are a bad idea all around. I need to think on this for a while.

"Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Private sponsors including Amazon.com contributed tens of thousands of dollars so that people could anonymously turn in their weapons for shopping cards worth up to $200. http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...guns_into.html
    Can't help but wonder if those were Amazon shopping cards.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    If a private company supports such governmental idiocy, are they being anti-gun, or just stupid? Surely their "generosity" won't come off the actual bottom-line. This cost will be factored into cost analyses and will simply be passed along as modest price increases. I guess that I should object to that. However, if they still have the best price on an item that I need, I will purchase it from them, even if that best price could have been a tad better.
    I have two words for you: tax-deductable.

Amazon sells enough legit gun stuff that they might as well be CTD.