• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at a Marijuana Nullification Stance

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
And I wish the RKBA community had the balls the marijuana community has.

Like how most of the pot people possess and smoke without permits, etc.

Sure, most of the open carry community is already doing that, as in most states there's no permit required to posses or openly carry some sort of firearm. That's not a good comparison, though. Pot is far more regulated or outright criminalized in most states. That's not getting into the fedgov's hatred for the stuff.

What I'm trying to convey is that I wish more people would disobey the masters and the, so called, laws they create. Like carrying without a permit if one is required, pot or firearm.

Disobey, civilly, as the pot smokers do. They have balls.

I thought this was a decent documentary along the lines of this:
http://www.gunsandweed.com/

You certainly have a point. But many gun owners don't give a damn about the law. Those of us who choose to be its most public advocates tend to be fairly... noncontroversial. The marijuana community has its own equivalent public-face squeaky-clean types, too.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Disobey, civilly, as the pot smokers do......................
I agree that civil disobediance has its good points. I do not agree that it is a good tool for the Open Carrier.

Civil disobedience is the active, professed refusal to obey certain laws, demands, and commands of a government, or of an occupying international power. Civil disobedience is commonly, though not always,[1][2] defined as being nonviolent resistance. It is one form of civil resistance. In one view (in India, known as ahimsa or satyagraha) it could be said that it is compassion in the form of respectful disagreement.

CD is "refusal to obey the law". Do that actively, with a weapon and everything changes. Stay within the Law, work for change within the Law. As Skidmark has said...Be Safe!

Indeed. Beer is always good. :banana:
This is Truth!! Beer is good food.

carsontech

Activist Member
CD is "refusal to obey the law". Do that actively, with a weapon and everything changes.. Stay within the Law, work for change within the Law.

I recognize that mixing firearms and civil disobedience can be risky.

I do not agree with changing laws, as I don't agree with them existing or the system that was used to create them, or any system for that matter. I only recognize one "law", which parallels the non-aggression principle, that depends heavily upon self-ownership.

I'm aware of how things "actually" are, but I still try to live my life like the government doesn't exist.

On another forum, when a question came up on how to counter high-tech tyranny, such as U.S. and state governments, one of the members responded with the following:

"Mainly, you stop ceding your life to others, even if you've been taught that you should. Then you're not "countering" anything, but living the life that's yours. And if some nitwit, or group of nitwits, tries to stop you from doing that, then you do your best that they're not successful. If your best is not enough, then you die. If it is, then you live.

Maybe the biggest scam going is that out of a fear of dying, so many people are conned into not living."

Last edited:

tombrewster421

I recognize that mixing firearms and civil disobedience can be risky.

I do not agree with changing laws, as I don't agree with them existing or the system that was used to create them, or any system for that matter. I only recognize one "law", which parallels the non-aggression principle, that depends heavily upon self-ownership.

I'm aware of how things "actually" are, but I still try to live my life like the government doesn't exist.

On another forum, when a question came up on how to counter high-tech tyranny, such as U.S. and state governments, one of the members responded with the following:

"Mainly, you stop ceding your life to others, even if you've been taught that you should. Then you're not "countering" anything, but living the life that's yours. And if some nitwit, or group of nitwits, tries to stop you from doing that, then you do your best that they're not successful. If your best is not enough, then you die. If it is, then you live.

Maybe the biggest scam going is that out of a fear of dying, so many people are conned into not living."

+1

I'm sick of being a slave! I seek to depend on no one but myself and God.