Thread: Leather Holsters For open Carry

Leather Holsters For open Carry

I prefer leather holsters for open carry and have found 2 holsters for my Glock 17 and they are the best i have found after trying a whole lot of them.The first one is the Hunter High Ride 5000 holster and it is very comfortable and holds well and is my favorite. The second one is a Bianchi serpent 56 holster.I like the way it hugs my side. I wear bullhide leather belt company for my Hunter holster as it is .250 thick and 3/4 wide and does fit in my wranglers perfect. I am sold on the bullhide brand as i have found none better. Any way, these are what i use.What Do you use. Thanks

Leather Holsters For open Carry

I OC my pt111 mil g2 in a custom leather holster from DeAmbrose in tombstone,az. I love it it rides high and hugs my side. I am looking for one for my XD 45 service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear a Smith & Wesson 625 in a Milt Sparks sharkskin leather holster and belt. I wear high ride with FBI cant. I love leather.
    Last edited by MAC702; 05-10-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I carry in a bianchi shadow II leather holster. Keeps it tight to you side. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	10401

Laredo defender

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Tony View Post
    I prefer leather holsters for open carry and have found 2 holsters for my Glock 17 and they are the best i have found after trying a whole lot of them.The first one is the Hunter High Ride 5000 holster and it is very comfortable and holds well and is my favorite. The second one is a Bianchi serpent 56 holster.I like the way it hugs my side. I wear bullhide leather belt company for my Hunter holster as it is .250 thick and 3/4 wide and does fit in my wranglers perfect. I am sold on the bullhide brand as i have found none better. Any way, these are what i use.What Do you use. Thanks
    have you ever tried one of thease??

and a few more at this link

http://dakotafdisk.imgur.com/all/

The LCP rides in a Mitch Rosen holster and my Taurus 850 rides in an El Paso Saddlery Street Combat. Both are excellent leather holsters. The LCP really disappears on my belt. I di use a Galco pocket holster for it too but I like the Mitch Rosen more.
    Last edited by WA_G32; 09-01-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WA_G32 View Post

The LCP rides in a Mitch Rosen holster and my Taurus 850 rides in an El Paso Saddlery Street Combat. Both are excellent leather holsters. The LCP really disappears on my belt. I di use a Galco pocket holster for it too but I like the Mitch Rosen more.
    I also have a Mitch Rosen holster for my LC9 and another for my Sig P239. Well worth the price and the wait. Securely holds the weapon and hugs the body exceptionally close.

I use a DeSantis holster with a tension screw and a thumb break for the S&W SD9 I carry daily. Rides nice and high, w/ an FBI cant. Suede lined too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MyHolster.JPG 
Views:	218 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	10825
    Last edited by JustJack; 09-21-2013 at 02:24 AM. Reason: added pic

Quote Originally Posted by BLKH2O View Post
    I also have a Mitch Rosen holster for my LC9 and another for my Sig P239. Well worth the price and the wait. Securely holds the weapon and hugs the body exceptionally close.
    +1 on the Mitch Rosen's, I have carried my 1911's in Mitch's gear for a number of years. His stuff is among the best in the business.
    Steve

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"

Why not I use both if you like leather and it works well for you go for it.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I am about to try open carry. Do you feel that open carry with a leather holster with only a snap is secure enough. How does a person keep the gun secure and nobody grab it. Or am I worried about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    +1 on the Mitch Rosen's, I have carried my 1911's in Mitch's gear for a number of years. His stuff is among the best in the business.
    Ill go +2 on the mitch rosen holsters. I have a kimber stamped one for my compact CDP II. Really great quality. I got the kind that has the belt loops on it, it holds the weapon really close and snug.

Quote Originally Posted by rhartwell View Post
    I am about to try open carry. Do you feel that open carry with a leather holster with only a snap is secure enough. How does a person keep the gun secure and nobody grab it. Or am I worried about nothing.
    I OC with compact kydex holsters (friction retention only) leather holsters w/o snap (also friction) regularly. The only time i use active retention is when Im on the bike. I have a blackhawk for that. I would say situational awareness is very important and even moreso when you are carrying a firearm. A snap or button would barely make a difference if someone has a half a brain, wants your weapon and you arent paying attention.

there is a story about an OC guy..... let me find it.... here: http://freakoutnation.com/2013/09/20...d-at-gunpoint/

i dont think he was aware of the situation. He actually had to help the guy get his own gun out of the holster though, probably a blackhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    I OC with compact kydex holsters (friction retention only) leather holsters w/o snap (also friction) regularly. The only time i use active retention is when Im on the bike. I have a blackhawk for that. I would say situational awareness is very important and even moreso when you are carrying a firearm. A snap or button would barely make a difference if someone has a half a brain, wants your weapon and you arent paying attention.

there is a story about an OC guy..... let me find it.... here: http://freakoutnation.com/2013/09/20...d-at-gunpoint/

i dont think he was aware of the situation. He actually had to help the guy get his own gun out of the holster though, probably a blackhawk.
    Another article I read about him said that the perpetrator came up to him and asked him for a cigarette. Things escalated after that. Yet another reason not to let panhandlers, etc. get close.

Quote Originally Posted by independence View Post
    Another article I read about him said that the perpetrator came up to him and asked him for a cigarette. Things escalated after that. Yet another reason not to let panhandlers, etc. get close.
    i think i read that as well but it's been awhile. I just found the first article i could. I find that when i OC downtown, pan handlers tend to leave me alone

Quote Originally Posted by rhartwell View Post
    I worry about this also. Does anyone have any thoughts? It doesn't feel like a snap is enough.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-14-2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: deleted email link

Quote Originally Posted by gunhandbags View Post
    I worry about this also. Does anyone have any thoughts? It doesn't feel like a snap is enough.
    It depends on where you are going.

I use a holster with only friction retention.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-14-2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: deleted email link in quote
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip