• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dose anyone know of a good knowledgeable lawyer

Chris Sands

hi so as the title said dose anyone know of a good knowledgeable lawyer who would be willing to work with a broke single father of two. I was in the U district at the Safeway on 50th and university with a friend sitting in my car getting ready to get out and finish our walk up the ave. When two SPD Officers on bike rolled up and started asking questions. The situation quickly escalated, to them with guns drawn and 10 + SPD cruisers in a matter of moments. I was cuffed put in the back of a squad car and it only gets worse from there. Don't realy want to go in to much more detail as this is a public forum but I will say that it ended with them handing me ONLY my wallet and telling me I could leave on foot. Just need some advice as what to do next. thanks

Freedom1Man

hi so as the title said dose anyone know of a good knowledgeable lawyer who would be willing to work with a broke single father of two. I was in the U district at the Safeway on 50th and university with a friend sitting in my car getting ready to get out and finish our walk up the ave. When two SPD Officers on bike rolled up and started asking questions. The situation quickly escalated, to them with guns drawn and 10 + SPD cruisers in a matter of moments. I was cuffed put in the back of a squad car and it only gets worse from there. Don't realy want to go in to much more detail as this is a public forum but I will say that it ended with them handing me ONLY my wallet and telling me I could leave on foot. Just need some advice as what to do next. thanks

What do you want to be dosed with? What size dose are you hoping for?

RapGood, seems to be a good lawyer. Send him a PM and then WAIT for a response.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Immediately - lawyer up, say absolutely nothing else on-line relating to the above.

Don't know if you had a recorder running, either way write down as much of the details of what happened as you can. Have your friend do the same. File a FOIA request for everything, incl. field notes, cell phone and radio traffic as well as incident reports and dash cam, personal cam, audio cam recordings. Request copy of any Safeway surveillance recordings.

Based on what I have read here, I am having trouble getting my head around 10-12+ police officers, no PC or RAS, cuffed and stuffed, gun and vehicle seized, then being released w/o your personal property = possible armed robbery/grand larceny and 1983 violations.

Now though I have no reason to doubt you, yet you are an unknown quality here. Yes we have had people come on OCDO with such tall tales and worse. Therefore, it would be good on you to have some form of verification - that is something we ask of ol' hands too.

Media report of the incident, redacted copy of a summons (public record), substantiation by others of good reputation, anything.

I would expect someone local to pass on attorney(s) to you shortly.

Presuming that all is as you allude, there are those that would contribute to a defense/recovery fund in your behalf and help you with the details.

Let us know - the ball is in your court.

sudden valley gunner

Immediately - lawyer up, say absolutely nothing else on-line relating to the above.

Don't know if you had a recorder running, either way write down as much of the details of what happened as you can. Have your friend do the same. File a FOIA request for everything, incl. field notes, cell phone and radio traffic as well as incident reports and dash cam, personal cam, audio cam recordings. Request copy of any Safeway surveillance recordings.

Based on what I have read here, I am having trouble getting my head around 10-12+ police officers, no PC or RAS, cuffed and stuffed, gun and vehicle seized, then being released w/o your personal property = possible armed robbery/grand larceny and 1983 violations.

Now though I have no reason to doubt you, yet you are an unknown quality here. Yes we have had people come on OCDO with such tall tales and worse. Therefore, it would be good on you to have some form of verification - that is something we ask of ol' hands too.

Media report of the incident, redacted copy of a summons (public record), substantiation by others of good reputation, anything.

I would expect someone local to pass on attorney(s) to you shortly.

Presuming that all is as you allude, there are those that would contribute to a defense/recovery fund in your behalf and help you with the details.

Let us know - the ball is in your court.

What he said.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Doesn't say in OP, was a gun involved to require a 2A lawyer?

Excellant question/point - the rest of us have (gasp) assumed that he was in possession of a gun or at least thought to be by virtue of posting on OCDO - our bad, mine too.

Too many details lacking to make a judgement call......even on the interwebs :uhoh:

amlevin

There's more than "just a little" missing from this story.

Not really enough to even know what type of lawyer you really need. One versed in Firearm Law, Drug Cases, Police Harassment?

Was this a big enough deal where it would have been reported in the local news? You'd think that 10+ police cruisers would have gotten the attention of the roving news patrols who listen to scanners.

Jeff Hayes

I wonder what was wrong with the car that it could be impounded and the driver told to walk away? Seems odd to me.

Chris Sands

the car was impounded because the initial officer said he saw what he described as a exchange and yes There was a unloaded gun in the car as I don't have my CPL and there for as the law states I can't have a loaded gun in the car. and as far as the validity of my statement for now all I can say is ask anyone you might know who could have been in that area on Tuesday afternoon because there was a croud. thankyou for the references will be calling asap.

sirpuma

Those of you wondering about all the various details, just keep on wondering. Those of you complaining about not enough details, tough. It's best that the details don't go public now as it could hurt a legal case. Those of you picking on his grammar, no need to nit pick when the guy is in need of help. It sets a bad example for the anti crowd.

These assumptions can be made: A firearm was involved in some manner. Evidence: he posted on OCDO and said he was only given his wallet back. That means the police took other property, to include a vehicle.

To the OP. Ignore the questions and dumb comments. Contact the lawyers provided.

Tacitus42

Those of you wondering about all the various details, just keep on wondering. Those of you complaining about not enough details, tough. It's best that the details don't go public now as it could hurt a legal case. Those of you picking on his grammar, no need to nit pick when the guy is in need of help. It sets a bad example for the anti crowd.

These assumptions can be made: A firearm was involved in some manner. Evidence: he posted on OCDO and said he was only given his wallet back. That means the police took other property, to include a vehicle.

To the OP. Ignore the questions and dumb comments. Contact the lawyers provided.

1. What? 2. Are we allowed to pick on your syntax? 3. Ya right, because we care what they think.